Rembrant

Governor executive order

I haven't read up on it yet, but I heard our governor bypassed the legislation and by executive order created medical insurance benefits for same sex domestic partners of state employees. What's even stranger is that it was nearly invisible. Nobody, and I mean nobody is crying foul.

Welcome to Calizona.

Mike

I haven't read up on this either, but it was brought up earlier in another thread. I am thinking this is going to be a huge mistake as far as taxes go, what are the rules for this law, can roomates get this benefit, brothers and sisters maybe, best friends, if it is only for same sex people that are sleeping with each other do they have to have proof, maybe the governor has a private viewing room where she can watch and sign off on this. Mike I don't think California has signed anything like this yet, but maybe that is because they are all moving here. The one thing we can all look forward too is that in their thinking of darwinism and evolution, they will eliminate themselves, oh wait we have some liberal judges that keep giving them kids to raise with their beliefs, and in their politically correct world we can't say a dang thing without being called a bigot, it don't matter what their opinion is because their voice has to be heard, but we need to shut up because we might offend someone. Truthfully I don't give a dang what they do, just keep that crap they are preaching away from schools and my kids, and while were here I still wish they would shoot pedophiles on site, the minute the judge says guilty they should be shot.

that is funny... I bet every time they pass a school they think.... great all my money going to those breeders...

Or maybe they think....Wonder what time little Johnny gets out of class?

Political Correctness means always having to say you are sorry.

Keith,

You just krammed a whole bunch of serious thinking into a couple of paragraphs.

I really like the Darwinian thought.

But the bottom line is that it really doesn't work - typical of liberal thinking.

Three major points:

1) Remember when a person with high health risks couldn't get heath insurance? (My dad ran into that his whole life because he had a heart murmur). Now days some corporations - and now the state - hand out health benifits to the highest health risk known; gay males. This at great expense to everyone else.

2) If you hand out health insurance to same-sex domestic partners, you better do the same for opposite-sex domestic partners as well or you are discriminating against them.

3) Like Keith said, How do you prove you're gay? If Keith and I hold hands and skip into the HR office, does that qualify? There is simply way too much room for fraud!

I think we as a society have gone way to far to accomadate this unhealthy lifestyle. Here is political correctness discriminating against other people.

The Darwinian thought: If gay people are born that way - as they claim, then natural selection over eons of time would have eliminated the variety of genes that are impossible to reproduce themselves - right?

Janet goofed, yet we have been so desensitized to this lifestyle that we have hardly noticed. This is a bigger tragedy.

Mike

I definitely believe in free agency and freedom of choice, don't really care of a guy likes "corn holing".....BUT.....when it starts to infringe on my freedoms then it starts to get me riled.....I can't worship the God, or say Merry Christmas or I have to pay extra on my insurance because somebody's house in New Orleans got flooded that was built below sea level.

I watched a report this morning about shops in the Phoenix area having to close down because the population of their "immigration customers" are already moving out of state due to the new immigration law that is to come into affect in January.

Should I feel sorry for someone who set up shop relying on illegal concepts? That is like saying that the cops cleaned up all the crack buyers in town so now I am out of business. IT IS ILLEGAL ACTIVITY....GET IT......

As for the HOMOS........they will get their's in the end.......no pun intended......

What I find interesting is that I've read that anonymous polls show that the majority of people don't believe that homosexuality is a natural lifestyle or should be socially acceptable, yet some how or another as a group the gay community still keeps managing to get whatever the heck they want?! How can the majority of the population feel a certain way, yet keep getting out-voted by the minority?

I guess that is the big divide in the entire issue... Personally, I don't think it is a choice. Some people are just Gay.... BIG DEAL...

J-

J,

I do not know if you have kids or not.But I am willing to bet that if you had a kid that some gay person approched and tried to change there way of life,then you might think IT IS A BIG DEAL.There are both male and females that are born with high or low testosterone.But it is still there choice whether they want to be homosexual or not.We all know of feminime guys that are married and have kids.Or vise versa with women.It usually depends on how stable the home is whether a kid makes the choice or not.The acceptance of homosexual behavior in my opinion is a sign of bad times ahead. The citys of Sadom and Gamora come to mind (spelling ?) OK I will get off my soapbox now.

Noel

What I find interesting is that I've read that anonymous polls show that the majority of people don't believe that homosexuality is a natural lifestyle or should be socially acceptable, yet some how or another as a group the gay community still keeps managing to get whatever the heck they want?! How can the majority of the population feel a certain way, yet keep getting out-voted by the minority?

Because the majority of the population is sexually, racially, religiously, commonsenseuously biased, therefore throwing it into litigation with the court system thanks to groups like the ACLU, Sierra Club.....and the likes........for those of us to stand up and say any different would get us thrown in jail for expressing our opinion on the matter.

Because the majority of the population is sexually, racially, religiously, commonsenseuously biased, therefore throwing it into litigation with the court system thanks to groups like the ACLU, Sierra Club.....and the likes........for those of us to stand up and say any different would get us thrown in jail for expressing out opinion on the matter.

I caught a program on tv a couple weeks ago on one of the Christian channels where they were doing a documentary on religous small business owners who'd been screwed by these people in court, both civil & criminal.

One guy owned a small printing shop & had a gay feller pop in there wanting him to print a couple thousand flyers for an upcoming rally. After reviewing the original, the print shop owner said sorry, but he can't take the job. The gay guy asked why & he explained that he believed in Jesus Christ & that as a follower of his, he believed that homosexuality was a sinful lifestyle and he could not contribute to promoting it. 2 days later he was served with papers and sued for discrimination. A jury of his peers ordered him to pay the gay man over $50,000, which, if my memory serves me, put the guy out of business. In addition to that, after winning a civil suit, the gay organization that this person was affiliated with then pressed criminal charges under the hate crime laws up there (this was in Canada, don't remember which province). At the airing of the show, his criminal case was still pending.

So much for the right to refuse service to any one for any reason. I don't know Canada's constitution very well, but I don't think a case like that would fly in the U.S. On the other hand, though, his "peers" down here probably would have awarded the gay guy a million bucks instead of $50k.

Matt S.

I guess that is the big divide in the entire issue... Personally, I don't think it is a choice. Some people are just Gay.... BIG DEAL...

J-

At the end of the day, I really don't care what people do in their bedrooms, as long as they don't break any laws. heck, if I could swing it, I'd be crawling between the sheets with 2 or 3 asian gals varying in age from 18-23, but that's just me. Possibly a brazilian thrown in once or twice a month.

What bothers me is that these people choose to live an unnatural lifestyle & not only boisterously proclaim it, thus forcing the rest of us to deal with it, but expect the entire population to look the other way & say, "It's what they like so that makes it okay."

To qualify my point of view, when I say unnatural, that is based on science, not religion or morality. I'm not a religious person, so I won't even broach the morality issue, but based soley on science I have to ask, show me one other mamilian species that also uses this practice? There isn't one. Period. As stated earlier, if there was, natural selection would have longs since eliminated those few from the population.