Looking for an optimum twist rate for the new .224 95 gr Sierra Matchking. Haven't been able to find it on Sierra's site but thinking 1 in 6.5" should do.

I would just call Sierra and ask them. If it is a new product they may not have updated the website yet but they will know the answer to your question. From what I understand they are generally very helpful if you call them.

What case are you running?

Will be another 22-250 Ackley. Had one in a 7 twist that was awesome with the 80 gr Berger Vld. Only had it a year but in that time was able to drop a Coues at 600 yds a coyote at 900 and was more than capable of 1000 yd and beyond rabbit and prairie dog fun. Above all that with no brake you could watch the vapor trail and impact in the scope.

• Like 1

I would just call Sierra and ask them. If it is a new product they may not have updated the website yet but they will know the answer to your question. From what I understand they are generally very helpful if you call them.

Just got off the phone with them, should have done that to start with but was expecting to sit on hold for ever. They answered right away and said 6.5 would be perfect and 7 would likely be fine.