Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Any truth to this?

Someone on Facebook posted this but wanted to see if anyone could confirm it. I know several Americans running outfits and even more that just go down and guide people in sonora. If it's true and they start cracking down there's gonna be a lot of guys in trouble. Supposedly been the law forever but they are now enforcing it.

post-8945-0-69164500-1517584802_thumb.jpg

While I certainly do not know for sure but from my experiences in Mexico that may very well be the law but as mentioned not routinely enforced. They why suddenly a law is enforced often has strange or seemingly unfair reasons should not take away from the fact that it still is law.

Typically money is the reason.....as it is anywhere.

While I certainly do not know for sure but from my experiences in Mexico that may very well be the law but as mentioned not routinely enforced. They why suddenly a law is enforced often has strange or seemingly unfair reasons should not take away from the fact that it still is law.

Typically money is the reason.....as it is anywhere.

Figured that may be the case. They haven't cared in the past and suddenly do care about enforcing it. Will be interesting to see if they are actually enforcing it because if they are lots of dudes going down. But like you said if it's the law it's the law either way.

Why is there so much misspelling and what laws are they citing? Our Federal law can't be applied to Mexico. It ha to be a Mexican Law.

You hit the nail on the head PRDATR!

Well what I had originally posted was last year we were stopped at a checkpoint by a Federale. The Outfitter was not with us but our guide was (dual citizen) and he told us it was a nono and the Outfitter on the paperwork had to be with us when traveling. It was a little touch and go for a while but he relented and let us pass with a warning.

Well what I had originally posted was last year we were stopped at a checkpoint by a Federale. The Outfitter was not with us but our guide was (dual citizen) and he told us it was a nono and the Outfitter on the paperwork had to be with us when traveling. It was a little touch and go for a while but he relented and let us pass with a warning.

He11, I would think itd be like anywhere else in Mexico, slip him $50 and move on

He11, I would think itd be like anywhere else in Mexico, slip him $50 and move on

Be careful who you slip the $50 to, things have changed. Bribes are frowned upon.
  • Like 2