Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

DAMN YOU, Mr. Hun!!!

Mr Hungarian pa'tridge, you really know how to get under my skin.. :angry:

But you live in some unbelievable country..

122107038.jpg

122107020.jpg

rarely do you hold well for a point.. even if the pups are well mannered.. and when you do hold, it's never for too awful long!!

1001.jpg

1004.jpg

who's honoring who???

120807005.jpg

the land you inhabit is sometimes SO damned windy that a pointer can't even get his tail all the way up and I can't keep the camera steady!! WHEW!! :D :D

112407001.jpg

I've gone after you many, many times with the intent of doing damage to your local population, but I rarely find you alone.. Often, all I see of you is your rear end going mach 10.. luckily for me and the mutts, your prairie breathern are much more well mannered.

112007007.jpg

MTbirds048.jpg

111607021.jpg

and sometimes on those same trips, I don't even see you at all!! (This was yesterday's hunt!! I went out looking only for Huns,and came home with a limit of Sharpies!! dang you Huns!!)

122107032_edited.jpg

But once every now and again, redemption is mine!! They say that chukar hunting is all about revenge.. I can honestly say that his cousin the Hun is now on that list as well!!

120507004.jpg

1062_edited.jpg

But as much as I love to hate you, how can I not love the challange you put up every round we go at it!!! ;) You are a truely worthy advisary!! Gents, watch yerselves around Mr Hun.. He'll getcha!!

1064.jpg

122107009.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the pics!! And have a Merry Christmas!!

Scottyboy, maybe you need to start a new website for those diminutive, ghost-like birds....maybe...

www.Hungarianpartridge.com

Maybe it could even some day strive to be in the top 20 hunting sites like CW. B)

I noticed just like we have KARP, you have MUTTS up there. I also think you have referred to them as ditch parrots? Anyway, I see a lot of similarities. Beautiful country for sure.

twoguns

Awesome! B) Great pictures! Thank you for sharing them. Got me thinking about cleaning the shotgun! :)

Lance

Well guys, instead of starting a whole new topic, I thought I'd just share a few pics from yesterday and today with all of ya..

Yesterday, we went out with the intent of finding a few roosters.. so we hit a new spot that looked pretty good, but didn't see the number of birds I thought it would hold..saw a few, but not in numbers like I've become accustomed to up here.. I scratched down 1 rooster that made the mistake of holding just a bit too long!!

here are the two mutts with that bird within nose range.. I got off the shot about .5 seconds after I snapped this pic!!

122207003.jpg

trophy shot!!!

122207005.jpg

122207010.jpg

Today we woke up to HORRENDOUS winds.. not the most ideal conditions in anyone's book. Basically, it sucked. But with only 1 more week of season, I figured we'd better just get out there and get on with it!! So with that, we made our way out into the winds for a morning Hun hunt and an afternoon rooster hunt.. first stop, a huge chunk of CRP that's been known to hold a covey or 2 of those pesky Huns..

We had been battling the winds for about 45 minutes when I looked up and Penny was locked down on a covey with Virgil honoring her point about 100 yards away from me.. I made my way over there ASAP, snapped this quick pic, and promptly missed with both barrels. My Hun curse continues to live on!!

dang YOU MR. HUN!!!

122407002.jpg

That was all we saw of the Huns today, so we made our way back to the truck, ate some lunch, and decided it was time to chase some Chinese chickens!! We made a quick stop by the farmer's house to wish them a Merry Christmas and to see where he's been seeing the birds.. We got the scoop and made our way to the section of the property where he figured there'd be birds in this kind of wind.. And the old timer wasn't lying.. when I closed the door on my truck, about 10 birds got up within 10 yrds of me..good sign.. I slipped around to the back of the truck to let the pups out and we started down the fenceline/ water ditch at a trot.. we didn't make very far.. probably 20 yards when a rooster busted thru the grass right at Penny's feet right when she began to get birdy .. 1 shot with the 20ga, 1 rooster in the vest.."not a bad way to start off!", I thought out loud.. Thats' when I looked up at the fenceline where we were heading.. at the shot there musta been 200 birds erupt outta that ditch.. it was the most birds I've seen his season at one time!! Amazing sight for sure!! We made tracks downrange as fast as we could in hopes of catching a couple more roosters who had'nt vacated the premises with the others.. we were in luck.. 50 yards further, BAM! 'nother rooster down.. slipped him into the vest and repeated ourselves again.. down the line we go... 100 yards, penny slams on point, a flash of green heads and long tails.. I regained my composure, and drew down on the last of the group to come out.. And with that, we had our limit!! We were'nt gone from the truck 5 minutes!!! It was a just one of those days!!

Here's Penny with that 1st bird..we weren't 30 yards from the truck! I was fumbling with the camera and with the bird when I looked up and saw all those birds in the air at once.. Quite a sight!!

122407005_edited.jpg

and here's the "5 minute" limit for the day!!

this old International made for an interesting photo..

122407012.jpg

...the "hanging on the old barn" photo!!

122407017.jpg

Merry Christmas to all of you on CWT!!

Thanks for taking us with you Scott. The photo's are just incredible. You are truly blessed. It makes me miss my time in Whitefish.

Merry Christmas my friend.

TJ