Sign in to follow this  
ZBAR

Does this look right?

Other than the picture being sideways, Shouldnt the rest be flush with the riser & not an inch above?

My buddy bought a bow & they tuned it but Im thinking there wasnt a lot of actual tuning involved. They didnt even correctely set his peep. Hes a beginner, so he wouldnt know these things.

On a side note, last time they tuned my bow I took it out to shoot & immediately had to change a few major things. Not going to mention the shop.

post-2674-0-51933000-1522858854_thumb.jpeg

It appears wrong, but may be right. You want the arrow at full draw to be the same height as the berger hole. The Berger hole is the hole in the riser where the rest mounts to the bow. Most rests are built in such a manner that when the rest is in the up position, the arrow will be even with the hole and when the rest is in the down position it will be on the riser or very close to it. There should be some material on the riser or rest to halt the rest from slamming into the riser or cushion the impact of the rest coming down.

Depends. Here are pictures of my HDX Hunter rest. I know my bow is tuned and when the rest is up my arrow is pretty close in line to the Berger hole.

post-13142-0-83450300-1522874077_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-42884600-1522874093_thumb.jpg

Ultimately the only important thing is really how the arrow comes off the string. At a glance it would look wrong to me but if it’s shooting well and accurate than I don’t think it’s technically wrong. I’m kinda doubting that thing is going to punch a good hole through paper though. If the peep wasn’t even positioned correctly it sure doesn’t seem like they spent much time verifying their work.

Technically speaking you want the arrow to go through the center of your hand. Obviously that makes shooting not fun so we compromise and put the arrow rest above our hand. This causes the bow to torque the arrow when you shoot (hence why you want to cradle the grip as high as possible and not low on your palm). The Berger hole is actually higher then most rests need. Essentially you will get best flight with your arrow as close to the shelf as you can get proper clearance for fletching, broadheads, and arrow rests to fall. This usually lines up somewhere around the Berger hole, but not always.

I would check by either shooting through paper or bareshaft tuning. Tuning a bow is pretty much bow specific, manufactures try to make them all the same, but all the little differences in them sometimes will add up to the two of the same kind of bows having slightly different tuning setups i.e. rest or nock locations. Until you test it out you wont know for sure if it's been tuned or not.