Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Awesome Day at the Range

What powder you using in the Rem Mag?

H1000

How many grains. I've got 14 lbs of H1000, and was having a hard time finding info on this combo. I'm thinking I should max out around 69-70 grains with the 175 ELDX.

I have found most 7RM go between 65.5-70gr of H1000 for 168-183s. I have gone up to 71gr on some.

This rifle was 69.5 & 175. My personal is 69.0 under a 180. A buddies is 70.0 under a 168, and the next ADA rifle coming up for raffle uses 70.0 under a 180.

• Like 1

Lance,

Great shooting and weapons. Questions: 1) Magazine length max COAL's for &7RM and 28 Noslers, and lead or throating on both, SAAMI or non-standard? Also are any/all loads mag fed or single shot fed? How about twist? Thanks and congrats.

7RM will easily fit in standard R700 LA mag box. Rifle is a mag fed repeater. I think barrel is 26" Bartlein 1:8" twist? No clue on reamer, you would need to call AxisWorks and ask Eric.

28 Noslers both cut with same non-SAAMI reamer with special long throat/leade for the 195 Bergers. Both rifles are magazine fed repeaters. Lone Peak TI LA and Stiller BDL style bottom metal. I would have to look at my notes to check max mag box length. Might be a Wyatt's extended box length, but I don't remember what the measurement is on either. Twist on both is 1:8" @ 26" finished.

Thanks for the info you were able to provide.