W.O.T

New pool

I think it comes down to personal preferences and wants. I have 5 kids ranging in age from 2 to 14 and they are very active and love to be outside and love to go to the pool. I understand there will be costs to maintain, and that's something I'm totally fine with. It's not for everybody, but we will definitely be getting a pool soon. I'm not sure why people feel the need to bash those that want a pool.

My comment was not to bash people. I just dont want one anymore.

I am actively building a pool now as a homeowner builder. I have always had a pool in all my houses and enjoy being outside, BBQ and swimming, playing basketball with my kids and watching the dogs swim.

Its actually a very simple process if you are willing to work with contractors, I have had a great experience thus far (all my other pools came with the house). Only thingI have left to do is the deck, tile and plaster.

If you want some info hit me up, I have all the contractors names and advice to share, the permit is the longest phase. My complete build should be around $25K (easily a $35K+ pool from a pool builder).

Once you get your design down (engineering) and you have your permit, it moves fast, each process below is separate and you call and deal with each contractor. The process is:

Pool paint out on the ground.

dig pool

Plumbing

Steel

Electric

INSPECTION PRE-GUNITE (SHOTCRETE)

Shotcrete

Water feature (if you want one)

Deck

Tile

Barrier

Final inspection

Plaster

Fill and start up.

+1

I built a pool last year and couldn't be happier. It turned out bigger than I anticipated (18,500 gallons) but im glad it did. My boys love it and have been swimming since February.

Like said above, don't go through a pool builder....everything has a huge mark up. I did mine myself and came in just under $27,000. Give me a shout if you have any questions or need references.

se6WMCK.jpg

Looks nice!

for 25 thou I can build quite a few good long range rifles and spend the 100 dollars a month you would spend in maintenance on loads. what ever happened to water balloon fights?

L.O.L.

I want a pool! I love water! I grew up in water! I ended up being a squid! Now only get to swim at the lake. :-( if I had a pool literally every time I looked out the door or walked past it I would jump in and get out. Walk to the mailbox get hot go jump in the pool get out. Cook dinner get hot go jump in the pool and get out. I'd be like a Labrador

• Like 3

I want a pool! I love water! I grew up in water! I ended up being a squid! Now only get to swim at the lake. :-( if I had a pool literally every time I looked out the door or walked past it I would jump in and get out. Walk to the mailbox get hot go jump in the pool get out. Cook dinner get hot go jump in the pool and get out. I'd be like a Labrador

Dustin says thats because your old and retired with nothing better to do! Haha!
  • Like 1

I did this tonight, while cooking steaks on the smoker. I grew up in the water and love it. My son, daughter-n-law, and 3 yr old grandson are living with us for a while. They swim nearly every day. The grandson is getting better at swimming by the day. It's worth having a pool...for me...for all my family.

I don't find the maintenance is that costly, it's the electricity to run the old single speed pump. I need to convert to the multispeed, which costs a lot less to run. I have an old sand filter system that is over 20 years old and works great. I had the sand changed out when I had the pool resurfaced, about 10 years ago. No problems at all. It is the simplest and most maintenence free system...in my opinion.

• Like 1

Love my pool I have two boys and they use it all the time. I recommend getting one of those in floor cleaning systems ( pop ups ) rather than having that blue hose and vacuum floating in the pool all day.

• Like 1