Sign in to follow this  
az41mag

Grayboe stocks

Does anyone have any experience with Grayboe stocks? I'm curious how the fit and finish is, and how they've held up under normal hunting conditions?

I'm looking at the Outlander model for a Rem 700.

Thanks in advance.

I have one of those stocks but its the Terrain. The original owner of Mcmillian started another company so these are his stocks. They come with pillars and the detail (paint/finish) is very good for the price point. I picked mine up for $262 on sale. I havent had it out in the field yet but I dont see having any problems down the road, its a solid stock. Now the only possible negative is the fit at the bottom metal, there is a small gap (rescess at this location) so you can just barely grab the hinged floor plate and pull it open with your finger tips. The owner is an ex navy seal and his personal experiences have gone into these stocks. If water gets into this area it could freeze the floor plate shut. Thats is the only reason I can think that this is built into these stocks. I can live with it but some may not be able to.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/77165-new-build/

https://redhawkrifles.com/products/catalog/grayboe-stocks

They are a decent stock. I like them better than the B&C and less than the HS Precision. What I do like about them is that they provide a large area for the recoil lug so if you decide to use a heavy duty lug you still have plenty of room to get it in there and bed it properly.

The recess under the floor plate is the only thing my gunsmith didnt like about the stock. He uses a lot of Mcmillian stocks and could sell these without issue if that small recess wasnt there.