Sign in to follow this  
coueshunter

Rifle caliber

I use a .257 weatherby mag 115grain ballistic tips............whats everyone else use????? I couldnt post my caliber on Amanda's question page, so use this post if yours doesnt fit in the parameters........

Guest firstcoues80inches

i use a 30-06 topped with a simmons atec and i have used 125 grain ballastic tips butt, lately i have been hearing things that make me wanna change my mind. i think i am gonna start using something else not sure what yet. any suggestions?

casey

In the past, I have used 280 Remington w/ 150 BT, 270 Win w/ 130 BT, 260 Rem w/ 120 BT and 7 mm Rem Mag w/ 140 partitions or 150 BT. Now there is a 300 WSM w/ 180 sciroccos. All have worked well.

Red Rabbit/Doug

I started out using a .25-06 Remington ADL with a 3-9 by 40 Leupold shooting

100 grain Remington Bullets. Then I moved up to 7mm mag. Ruger Mark II with

a Boyds Thumbhole Stock and a 3-9 by 50 Leupold, shooting Sierra 160's. My

newest gun is a Sako TRGS in the .308 Warbird. It is topped by a Burris 4-16 by 44 ,AO, BMD,and Posi-lok. I will probably be shooting the Barnes 130 grain

(undersized and moly coated) that will be moving over 4,000 fps. This one should be the ultimate Coues Rifle on the planet. Travis

I have used a .270 winchester Model 70 lightweight with 130 grian ballistic tips and a Leupold 2-7 scope, but last summer I got a new rifle. Now I shoot a Weatherby Mark V synthetic in .300 Weatherby magnum. I use 168 grain Sierra Matchkings and it has a Burris 4.5-14 power scope with the Burris Ballistic Plex reticle. Now I just need to practice the long shooting more and more and more this summer with the new gun.

Bret M.

Guest TA

I shoot a .270 Weatherby mag with 130 grain bullets. Shooting at over 3500 FPS it is in my opinion the ultimate coues deer rifle!

I had a 7 mm Rem mag before the 300 WSM I now have. I considered the 7 mm Rem Ultramag. but didn't consider the gain over the regular 7 mag worth it-10% more velocity for 50% more powder. The 300 WSM with 150 grainers shoots about as flat as the 270 Weatherby, which is a fine coues cartridge.

Doug