redline410

You can't kill a big one-

After a few miles of hiking and hours behind the glass I finally found the buck I'd scouted prior to archery season yesterday. We watched him long enough to put him to bed for the afternoon and as I started to descend the mountain side in an attempt to get within archery distance of him, this little fella cut me off.....He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he was kinda cool to look at. Heavy horned bugger for a little guy......at 43 yards, its the first time in my life I've ever past up a chance to sing an arrow....I must be getting old......

post-825-1200282851_thumb.jpg

Dave

Well you showed alot more restraint than I would have. I would've had my eyes closed and flingin arrows! ;) :lol:

You passed a 43 yard shot at that bugger?! holy cow man!

I glassed the biggest buck I ever personally glassed up today. if he was an inche, he was 110+. I would have gone after him but it was about a 450 yards stock, straight up and him and his 6 does were already looking my direction! bummer!

You passed a 43 yard shot at that bugger?! holy cow man!

I glassed the biggest buck I ever personally glassed up today. if he was an inche, he was 110+. I would have gone after him but it was about a 450 yards stock, straight up and him and his 6 does were already looking my direction! bummer!

You found him once, you'll likely find him again! Good Luck