Sign in to follow this  
KaibabHunter

Lake Mary/Ashurst what’s are they biting on?

Ill be up this weekend on a half elk scout/half fishing trip. Looking to get on some trout. Have flies, spinners, and power bait. Any tips for this time of year?

Ryan

how do you guys rig the power bait? I have terrible luck with it every time. Caught a couple today at Goldwater on worms.

how do you guys rig the power bait? I have terrible luck with it every time. Caught a couple today at Goldwater on worms.

Same as Power Eggs. 4-6# test, #8 hook with a single split shot about 18" from the hook.

Guest akaspecials

Tie small treble hook directly to the line. I prefer 6 to 8# line. I cut off the barbs so it's easier to retrieve since half the time they swallow it. Add split shot 18-24 inches up if fishing from the shore and drop on the bottom. Rig it 24-36 inches if trolling. Don't overload the hook with bait; trout have tiny mouths.

Same as Power Eggs. 4-6# test, #8 hook with a single split shot about 18" from the hook.

Tie small treble hook directly to the line. I prefer 6 to 8# line. I cut off the barbs so it's easier to retrieve since half the time they swallow it. Add split shot 18-24 inches up if fishing from the shore and drop on the bottom. Rig it 24-36 inches if trolling. Don't overload the hook with bait; trout have tiny mouths.

Thanks guys, did not mean to hijack his thread, but I seem to have bad luck with power bait. I rig it the same way but maybe too deep. I usually put the split shots 12-6" away from the hook. I will try the 18-24" next time.