Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Nice! Any luck on the ducks?

Guest akaspecials
13 hours ago, brademan76 said:

Nice! Any luck on the ducks?

I had some teal in my decoys before legal shooting light and a few geese fly over. The majority of ducks were rafted up in the center of a lake and they booked it south soon after the shooting started on Friday morning. Shooting probably won't be good until the migration starts. 

Nice job on the canoe. Fantastic idea. Did you mount a trolling motor to it? I wonder if AZGFD would want to do a cash grab and need it registered since it may have a motor on it? They informed a buddy of mine he needed registration, when he mounted a 30# MinnKota tiller on 13ft Old Town years back at Blue Ridge. 

I picked up a couple teal while out doing some late season elk scouting on Saturday. 

Capture.JPG

Guest akaspecials
2 hours ago, dmoto said:

Nice job on the canoe. Fantastic idea. Did you mount a trolling motor to it? I wonder if AZGFD would want to do a cash grab and need it registered since it may have a motor on it? They informed a buddy of mine he needed registration, when he mounted a 30# MinnKota tiller on 13ft Old Town years back at Blue Ridge. 

I picked up a couple teal while out doing some late season elk scouting on Saturday. 

The trolling motor works great and moves it along nicely. I had to splice the trolling motor cord into a set of old jumper cables so I could run my batteries at the bow to balance out the weight of the motor in the stern.  

As for legality, I was unaware of the regulations but found this on AZGFD Department website. It appears as though it will need to be registered to operate it on public waterways if I attach the trolling motor. What a load of crap, but thanks for the heads up.  Nice work on the BWT! 

Arizona law requires that all motorized watercraft operating on Arizona waters must be registered in the State with the following exceptions:
Foreign watercraft temporarily using the waterways of the State
Military or public vessels of the United States except for recreational type public vessels
Watercraft used solely as lifeboats
Undocumented watercraft operating under temporary certificate issued pursuant to rules adopted by the Arizona Game and Fish Commission (primarily powerboat regattas)
Non-residents may temporarily operate on Arizona waterways with their home state registration for up to 90 days per year without re-registering the watercraft in Arizona or paying the Arizona Boating Safety Infrastructure Fee.
A non-resident owner of a recreational watercraft who registers a watercraft in Arizona as the state of principle operation is required by law to pay the Arizona Boat Safety Infrastructure Fee before placing the watercraft on Arizona waterways. The owner of such watercraft must carry and display proof of payment of the Arizona Boat Safety Infrastructure Fee while the watercraft is underway, moored or anchored on Arizona waterways. A.R.S §5-326; 5-327. Proof of payment is shown on the watercraft registration or decal.