Couestracker

Going Goulds hunting in 35A!

On 8/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, naturebob said:

Ya , Its Luck. .I drew with 11 points 2 years ago. And I drew an early Rifle Bull tag in 1996 with only 3 points. But my last one 4 years ago they made me wait. I had 19 or 20.  Am at 27 for sheep and 63 in 2 weeks . Will I get that Sheep tag.?  Depends on luck and how long I live. Owe and was lucky last year and got late Kaibab with only 11 points also. I  have only had 1 Antelope tag tho Here in Az. Good Luck ......BOB!

Bob, You are a lot luckier than me. I'm 82 , never been drawn for early bull. Put in for Bighorn - since the draw started; Not going to put in again Too old & why wast money. Good luck with the game -called draw. If it was the Old West Draw -- skill or luck would be - most important.

Amen Seeker. Sorry your giving up . Hope You don't have Health problems! My Dad quit hunting in His late 70's cause He didn't have no one to hunt with . His buddies and My uncles couldn't do it any more. He was in PA. Sorry I didn't go back and hunt with Him ,but I was raising 3 kids and had a business.   He just passed 6 months ago at 98 . I think He could of hunted till He was 90. He got around great till last Thanksgiving He fell gettin out of bed. Till then He never used a walker or cane. After the fall He was bed ridden and lived 6 more months. I hope I have His genes ,but I know I have alot of Moms with Arthiritas.  At 63  that I will be 2 weeks from today my fingers and toes are already curling up. Not good ,   I just have to stay active........Good luck my Freind........BOB!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 2:33 AM, naturebob said:

Amen Seeker. Sorry your giving up . Hope You don't have Health problems! My Dad quit hunting in His late 70's cause He didn't have no one to hunt with . His buddies and My uncles couldn't do it any more. He was in PA. Sorry I didn't go back and hunt with Him ,but I was raising 3 kids and had a business.   He just passed 6 months ago at 98 . I think He could of hunted till He was 90. He got around great till last Thanksgiving He fell gettin out of bed. Till then He never used a walker or cane. After the fall He was bed ridden and lived 6 more months. I hope I have His genes ,but I know I have alot of Moms with Arthiritas.  At 63  that I will be 2 weeks from today my fingers and toes are already curling up. Not good ,   I just have to stay active........Good luck my Freind........BOB!

Bob ,, You are right on. I am 82+ , and have --zero-- of my hunting friends ;The last two moved upstate .  One (lives close to  Flagstaff , ask me to stay with him during my

(13 SEPT 2013 ) Bull hunt. We did a lot of hunting-past 25 years ago . He ask to go along on the hunt. It's about 20 min. to the area. I did all of his taxidermy. 

But * Big problem* this last Sat. my wife had a STROKE-DISABLED, THE LEFT SIDE.  She is out of the hosp.  & making excellent progress using walker. Our son ,said -go do this hunt   ,l  take care of Mom. They are aware that this is my last hunt. I have survived -Cancer-6 yrs. HEART  ATTACK -15 YRS.  ABOUT TIME i SLOW DOWN. . But -now I am healthy & All systems(Functions ) work O K.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.... It,s all part of that journey -called Life.

Don

IMG_0477 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Prayers to your Wife Buddy. Mine is having some Cancer issues at only 61. We been separted  for 4 years after 35 together. If I have to I will go back to Youngstown Ohio and take care of Her. She wants to live back there with Family. Our 3 Kids live all over the Country. So nothing holding Me here but My love for AZ....  My thoughts are up in the air............BOB!

On 12/13/2018 at 10:57 AM, SunDevil said:

fun hunt.  I had it many years ago.  I could not draw a goulds tag this year with 19 points but my daughter drew last year with 5.  go figure!

I know only one thing for sure about the AZGFD  big game draw: Unit 1 one early bull hunt is one of the most difficult to draw.  I know one other thing - without LUCK you are S O L.  My wife -on her first application drew Unit 1- E B H, Then 5 years later 2011, she drew the same hunt again; with minimum points. So, How do you - rate this?         I have been applying  for big horn since it all started. Now I'm 82 with failing lungs, heart & Cancer -for 5 yrs. I  know when it's time to quit. But, being as my wife is extremely lucky and a very successful hunter; I may ask her if I could be her guide on her BIG HORN SHEEP HUNT-- when she gets drawn!.... (She really likes her 257 Weatherby Mag).