TAM

Berger Bullets

Smart A$$.... I think Red Rabbit posted it once and I posted it once.... I even posted it in a thread that Red Rabbit Started because I take the small bus...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J-

That's the short bus. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Trust me... my old buddy Huntn coues can smell a short bus from a mile away!!! That is where he picked up all his dates before Mrs. HC took pitty on him... :rolleyes: :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Sorry I did not read it before :unsure:

I was really not interested in that type of topic

Like I am now ;)

My gun allways did everything I asked it to do.

(If it aint broke dont fix it)

Now that the GF has forced me to upgrade,

I am starving for info.

I should have said the horizontally challenged... :lol:

I am sure I am restating the obvious but... We need to remember that bullets kill thru Hydrostatic Shock to the animals vital organs. It is not like an broad head that kills thru hemorrhaging. If a bullet exits the body then a lot of potential energy that could have been displaced into the animal has been lost. We have all seen those high shoulder kill shots that are just devastating! Why do they work? Because they short circuit the animals nervous system; they turn the spine to jelly.

The wound channel on my Coues Deer was amazing. If you looked at the animal when it was not gutted the entry wound and exit wounds were not that impressive but HOLY COW when we opened that sucker up it was HAMBURGER... I have never seen a bullet tear up an animal like that. I actually felt that I destroyed a little too much tissue but dead is dead and if i wanted less tissue damage I could go with a lighter bullet.

Personally, I think Berger has stumbled into a better ballistic tip type bullet. I think it makes total since that you would want a bullet to penetrate a few inches (ie get thru the hide and bones) then BLOW UP, effectively transferring all of it's energy INTO the Animal not into the dirt behind the animal. So you might think there will be no blood trails... My deer left a blood trail that was just as good if not better than any other bullet I have used. But to be honest and fair the animal went STRAIGHT Down at 380 yards...

Anyway... I think we are beating a dead horse on this issue. I could shoot any bullet in the world but when it comes down to it selecting hunting gear is about TRUST. You need to find a bullet that you trust and that when you decide to let the lead fly you have total confidence in its performance.

I don't want to sound like a commercial but these things consistently hit where you point them and they are devastating.

J-

PS I often think people develop a sense of ownership with hunting gear and feel personally attacked if you don't use what they use. I don't care if it is bullets, bino's or bows, we need to get over that, have fun and be constructive. and no I am not running for office... But I do have a slogan... "Vote Amaro to a better Tomorrow!"

casey...look around on the interent and do some research...the guys at the best of the west prefer a high shoulder shot on their animals......and everything they shoot just crumbles....the shoulder is the toughest part of an animal and if you can drive a bullet through a shoulder of an elk at 6,7,or even 800 yards, i consider that a GREAT bullet...my brother shot a bull elk with a 180 grain accubond out of his christiansen arms 300 rum this year at 817 yards....shot almost all the way through it....and even he is considering berger bullets now because of their extremely high BC and their PROVEN results...if i can get target bullet accuracy out of a DEVISTATING hunting bullet, you bet your @$$ thats what im goin to be shootin...check out the highlight reel at bergerbullets.com.... ;)

I wasn't trying to take credit for being the first to post the link. I just reposted it because Casey brought it up.

Jason, how come I didn't see your name on my ballot the other day?

I wasn't trying to take credit for being the first to post the link. I just reposted it because Casey brought it up.

Jason, how come I didn't see your name on my ballot the other day?

What is that saying Politicians use? Kissing Babies and shaking hands...

Because I would rather be "Kissing the ladies and Shaking the babies"...

OHHHH....

Jason

Smart A$$.... I think Red Rabbit posted it once and I posted it once.... I even posted it in a thread that Red Rabbit Started because I take the small bus...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J-

That's the short bus. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Trust me... my old buddy Huntn coues can smell a short bus from a mile away!!! That is where he picked up all his dates before Mrs. HC took pitty on him... :rolleyes: :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

I'll show you short bus :angry: :angry:

:lol: :P

I think they are fine for deer/antelope. They aren't heavy boned and don't take alot to kill providing you can put the bullet into the boiler room. For Elk, I personally will stick to a heavier constructed bullet like the Barnes or Partition.

However, here is an active thread in regards to people's actual experience using the Berger's on game.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/u...e/1#Post1984392

hope this helps,

Schmitty

casey, get back to them banjo lessons. from what the best o' the west boys put on the tv, they look like they work ok. from what i've seen, they sorta know what they're doin'. they also make 2 different vld's. one for targets and one for big game. me and the 'ghost are gonna load up a buncha .264's this week and tune in his sendero. got a javelina and a gigantic, wooly mammoth sized roosian boar hunt comin' up. that oughta tell us somethin'. see if they'll shoot through that plywood rib protector them boars have. i'll have my .270 for backup. Lark.

casey, get back to them banjo lessons. from what the best o' the west boys put on the tv, they look like they work ok. from what i've seen, they sorta know what they're doin'. they also make 2 different vld's. one for targets and one for big game. me and the 'ghost are gonna load up a buncha .264's this week and tune in his sendero. got a javelina and a gigantic, wooly mammoth sized roosian boar hunt comin' up. that oughta tell us somethin'. see if they'll shoot through that plywood rib protector them boars have. i'll have my .270 for backup. Lark.

Hey lark,

Keep us posted on what those VLD's do on the R. Boars!! That will be some good info.

thanks.