I'm the kind of hunter who:  

78 members have voted

1. 1. when I run into an unknown hunter on the trail,

• would tell him all about how I jumped up a big buck, but he got away
    • shoot, I'd even tell him which way the buck ran.
    • would first ask, Seen any big bucks this morning?
    • would say: Who the hell are you? Get the F$%^! off my mountain!
  2. 2. when someone asks where I found that nice set of sheds:

• I found them in that OTHER unit across from where I really found them.
    • Unit 8, off of Devil Dog Road at the base of Bill Williams Mountain!
    • Why do you care where I found those antlers?
  3. 3. upon discovering a dead buck/bull with an amazing rack right after archery season

• whips out the cell phone, hit the speed dial, tell the local G&F warden about the lost game some unfortunate hunter wounded
    • takes a couple pictures, but leave it be
    • looks around to make sure I'm alone, then whips out the leatherman to get that rawhide head off and back to the truck
  4. 4. 9pm, go to the store to pick up milk, and on the way home see a dead buck on the side of the road

• Whips out the cell phone, hit the speed dial...
    • takes a couple of pictures....
    • looks around.... drops the tail gate and tosses him in

Alright you straight shooting, ethically unchallenged CouesWhitetailer's, here is a test of wills,

hurry up and post some answers so I don't feel ashamed putting mine on here! ;)

answer as many as you feel comfortable - but remember THIS IS ANONYMOUS - you can put down whatever you feel and than badmouth yourselves to cover your tails!

On half of those you didn't even list the "proper" "ethical" thing to do.....I actually don't see any of the options listed that I would do.

Question 1: when I run into an unknown hunter on the trail.

I'd be friendly and talk to the guy/gal. If I got the feeling that they were out busting there hump I'd tell them what I'd seen. I did that this year in 35A and I let the guy use my equipment.....I had just met him in the field for the very first time and i let him borrow my tripod/bino adapter....gave him my business card and told him to call me when he was done using it. Turned out to be a great guy that I'd call a friend.

Now if it was some beer drinking retard driving around in his truck "looking for deer" I wouldn't tell him a dang thing! Again that happened this year in 35A too. About 15 minutes after I had just got done telling the other guy where to go and what I'd seen and I didn't tell him a dang thing!

Question 2: when someone asks where I found that nice set of sheds.

If I'm in the field it's obvious.....somewhere in the area I don't just carry around sheds for kicks and grins. If it were at my house most likely their a friend....in that case I'd tell them. If they were an aquaintance I'd just tell them I don't want to disclose.....they can think what they want.

Question 3: upon discovering a dead buck/bull with an amazing rack right after archery season

I wouldn't look around to see if anyones watching....who cares. I'd take some pics to document it and then I'd bust out the leatherman and take er' home.

Question 4: 9pm, go to the store to pick up milk, and on the way home see a dead buck on the side of the road.

On this one I'd definitely call the AZGFD or the sheriff or DPS and simply ask to have an officer come out. They'll let you have it.

Well there's my answers.....don't know where they go in the poll but that's them.

I guess I'm normal. My votes are the same as the majority... so... don't trust anyones answers:)

you act like that's a bad thing? i always lie, until they get me cornered. then i really lie. Lark.

Lark = Roger Clemens

:lol:

you act like that's a bad thing? i always lie, until they get me cornered. then i really lie. Lark.

Lark = Roger Clemens

liar = baseball player

Funny thing was the senators who were grilling him were democrats.

Are these the same democrats that try to legalize dope, you can't do drugs and play baseball and make millions of dollars, but you can sit at home and do drugs and we will pay you welfare.

Don't get me wrong what Clemens and a whole bunch of others did was wrong.

As far as the questions I hunt because it is something I like to do, I will share information as long as the people I share it with are not idiots. You send the beer drinking road hunter up the roughest road you know of.

you don't believe the rocket? ya buncha commies. remember, a guy is innocent until you can finally get him to admit it. Lark.

Remind me never to get a Nanny or trust Jose Conseco... It was funny when that Republican Senator was ripping on the Trainer about some party and how Jose Conseco said that they weren't there.... then Waxman pulled out the Nanny card... OUCH.... BUSTED... I guess the Nanny said they were there and has proof. Roger and his lawyers crapped there pants, jumped up and were backpeddling... Then the whole nanny tempering.... He is guilty as heck..

J-

Wish a buck was still silver.

It was, back when the country was strong.

Back before Elvis; before the Vietnam war came along.

Before The Beatles and "Yesterday",

When a man could still work, and still would.

Is the best of the free life behind us now?

Are the good times really over for good?

Are we rolling down hill like a snowball headed for heck?

With no kind of chance for the Flag or the Liberty bell.

Wish a Ford and a Chevy,

Could still last ten years, like they should.

I wish coke was still cola,

And a joint was a bad place to be.

And it was back before Nixon lied to us all on TV.

Before microwave ovens,

When a girl still cooked and chopped wood.

Are we rolling down hill like a snowball headed for heck?

With no kind of chance for the Flag or the Liberty bell.

Wish a Ford and a Chevy,

Could still last ten years, like they should.

Merle Haggard - 1981

Question 2: when someone asks where I found that nice set of sheds. ...

Maybe I'm dense, but why wouldn't someone tell where a shed might have come from? I must have found a pickup load of them over the years and never felt a need to keep where I found one a secret.

Question #1

If I see them first I do all I can to hide. Hunting public land your going to run into other hunters but I aviod them as much as I can. If someone is up on a hill I want to glass I'll find another hill. Found some good spots that way.

bill, if over the years you have picked up a truck load of antlers, that is like some of the rest of us, but, if you picked up a truckload in one day, and you go telling everybody where you picked up that truckload, then next year, you are going to have company and lots of it.

Some of the heck holes we have picked up sheds that is probably not going to be the case, but I have found that people are more protective of their shed honey holes than they are their hunting honey holes......

“There are only two kinds of men in this world: Honest men and dishonest men. There are black men and white men and yellow men and red men, but nothing counts except whether they’re honest men or dishonest men.

Some men work almost entirely with their brains; some almost entirely with their hands; though most of us have to use both. But we all fall into one of the two classes-honest and dishonest.

Ralph Moody, Little Britches