Sign in to follow this  
AzHunter_15

First Archery Muley

My dad and I had gone down opening weekend and had seen some good bucks. As this being my first time archery deer hunting I knew I was going to blow some stalks on some deer. The first weekend was 3 blown due to wind and just not being in the right place at the right time. It was frustrating because they were not little bucks either but that's just how hunting goes and that's what keeps us coming back for more. Had to head home for work but came back down a couple days later with a buddy and my father was gonna come down the next night after work. The next morning my buddy and I climbed a ridge in the dark and it was windy as heck, nothing was moving. About 1 pm in the afternoon I glasses up a little buck and a doe out in a flat about 1500 yards out. We watched him bed down in a thicket and I decided he was good enough for a first archery buck. As I packed up my gear to head that way my buddy stayed back to make sure he didn't spook out or something. Once I made it to about 200 yards I dropped my pack and went in barefoot (my feet still got thorns in em). I knew which tree he laid down by but the grass was so tall I couldn't see him to save my life. I kept flashing and looking and finally I see horns. He was in a different spot and a little closer than I intended but now my blood was pumping. I ranged him at 23 yards. This was the moment of truth and I stood up to clear a bush that was in front of me I drew and let an arrow fly. Perfect shot, he didn't even get up out of bed. I wish my dad had been there to experience it with me as he has always been my hunting buddy but he prepared me for that moment and I can't thank him enough. Happy hunting to those out there for the 2019 year! My hunting is done as I had to head back to San Diego to get ready for some college baseball! IMG_5428.thumb.JPG.a675004e8302dbbb836d266baacc70e1.JPGIMG_5451.thumb.PNG.db7b125b7f3be7a4b1bd63bf8ab2bc23.PNGo

• Like 7
  • Great Buck! 1