jamaro

Lead on a Cow Buff Hunt - good meat hunt

Like mentioned these cow buffalo need to be culled. It's not being offered as a true hunt, just an opportunity to shoot a buffalo, bring home some meat, hide, and horns. It's not for everyone, but it should be a fun experience. It sounds very similar to the way they opperate the Arizona hunts on the Raymond Ranch.

This would be a great hunt for a certain person on this website...

You have to make a head shot and you don't need a tag... hmm....

One butterfinger for the person who can ID the certain person... PM ME...

J-

It sounds like they are taking some of the old cows that are to old to have calfs.I have shot a yearling cow out of southwest New Mexico that was as good as you can get for table fare.My cousin shot a old cow out of New Mexico and the only thing he could do was make hamburger.Just keep in mind that you are going to get really tough steaks.

Noel

Never heard back from the outfitter. Does he do this every few years or is this a rare occasion? I know someone that really wants to get the meat but can't hunt right now.

Yeah, you definitely want to know the age of the cow you are shooting, I passed on the armendariz ranch hunt this year , you had to shoot 9 year or older cows :blink: Pre made jerky I imagine!! :lol: would be cool to have the hide though. ag

Flash...

I think he does them pretty often...

Jason

Every year I think. When they have tags.

The ranch they are on is highly managed so year to year the have different amount of tags depending on the range and the herd.