Yup, I'd be just as bummed about that crack-pot measuring! <_<

Gino, could they be protecting someone else's score? :o

TJ

Gino, could they be protecting someone else's score? :o

TJ

No..... It Cleany Smoked pasted the current SCI N\T Archery Coues #1 even with the scoring job they did. I just think that they did not take what they were doing as serious as they should. Their mind set was about like that of a bunch of guys around the campfire "throwing a quick tape".... They for got that what they were doing could be "Perminent", thank God we were aware.... and that he can get the re-measure. The more I think of their attitude about it, the more it bugs me. If they did this, to this buck, how many other trophies "officially measured" by these guys were "subjective" or "evened out"??? :blink: <_< What a Joke.... :angry:

Thanks for all the support everyone, and I know it means even more to Jeremy.

We will see you all on Sunday at the ISE with the rack in hand. Jeremy threatened me with having to carry that canvas bag half the time.... :rolleyes: .... I ain't Skeert! :lol:

CnS

Will Jeremy's buck get Panel scored at a later time? I know with one of the bulls we took last year, it was scored by SCI and the person "under-scored" it and even told the hunter that he under scored it...............because it would look bad to the other measurers at the panel if he "over-scored" it!!!!! I don't understand it..... why not just measure it by the book and as accurately as you can the first time? This measurer even told the hunter that he was probably shy by an inch or so overall...........AN INCH OR MORE?????? That's rediculous, i hope Jeremy's buck gets a fair shake next time ;)

I am just amazed that you guys even take the time to get it SCI scored. Does that SCI "status" really mean anything?. A fellow P&Y measureer just measured a bull elk that was measured by a SCI quack and the circumference measurements were off by 25%, ie, true 8" instead of the SCI inflated 10+".

I am just amazed that you guys even take the time to get it SCI scored. Does that SCI "status" really mean anything?. A fellow P&Y measureer just measured a bull elk that was measured by a SCI quack and the circumference measurements were off by 25%, ie, true 8" instead of the SCI inflated 10+".

Well it is kinda like this......

It is one of the largest N/T Coues Deer EVER harvested with a bow and my buddy kinda thought that a buck that big should be recognized in every record book that it qualified for. So it will appear in B&C, P&Y, SCI, and the Arizona books as well.... and I think that is awesome to have a bow kill big enough to hang with all the bangstick bucks! ;) I think a buck that big should be seen and appreciated by all who care to see it. My buddy is not a Glitz & Glamour guy.... but he is gunna grin and bare it because this animal deserves it. ;) And I'm gunna back him the whole way! :D

Otherwise we are way not good enough for that SCI crowd.... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been an SCI Scorer for more than 10 yrs , somebody needs to go back to School to learn how to do it right.

Rescore it by all means. They or he ripped you off in the score of inches.

Well, don't forget score isn't everything....sounds like an amazing deer and why take away from it with scoring crap, BUT I hear what you are saying! I think all of these organizations have questionable scoreres. The rules are there, but it is still a human making a decision on their interpretation of those rules. I know I had an official pope and young scorer score something for me. As I watched him, I saw what I thought were errors being done. I wasn't sure what to do and I kindly asked questions when I saw it and he got very short with me. I shut up and let him do his thing and got an offcial scoring sheet from him. I told him I did not want it entered in the books (partly because I felt it was inaccurate but mainly it wasn't my intention to) and he said ok. Later on I saw it in the books with a completely different score (over 15" less) than the "official" sheet he gave me a copy to. When I called him he said he had thought he missed measurered a few things and readjusted by memory. That was close to 10 years ago and it still gets my BP up and made a lasting impression on me with scoreres, regardless the club!

Well, don't forget score isn't everything....sounds like an amazing deer and why take away from it with scoring crap, BUT I hear what you are saying! I think all of these organizations have questionable scoreres. The rules are there, but it is still a human making a decision on their interpretation of those rules. I know I had an official pope and young scorer score something for me. As I watched him, I saw what I thought were errors being done. I wasn't sure what to do and I kindly asked questions when I saw it and he got very short with me. I shut up and let him do his thing and got an offcial scoring sheet from him. I told him I did not want it entered in the books (partly because I felt it was inaccurate but mainly it wasn't my intention to) and he said ok. Later on I saw it in the books with a completely different score (over 15" less) than the "official" sheet he gave me a copy to. When I called him he said he had thought he missed measurered a few things and readjusted by memory. That was close to 10 years ago and it still gets my BP up and made a lasting impression on me with scoreres, regardless the club!

Just currious..... how did it get entered with out you sending the entry $$$ and signing the fairchase paper? I think I'd be plastering that guys name all over the web and be complaining to P&Y on a deal like that!!

It is one of the largest N/T Coues Deer EVER harvested with a bow and my buddy kinda thought that a buck that big should be recognized in every record book that it qualified for. So it will appear in B&C, P&Y, SCI, and the Arizona books as well....

As probably would I but the SCI would be at the bottom of the list by far.

The rules are there, but it is still a human making a decision on their interpretation of those rules. I told him I did not want it entered in the books (partly because I felt it was inaccurate but mainly it wasn't my intention to) and he said ok.

There is supposed to be no decision on an interpretation of the rules, the rules are the rules. If there is a question then the measurer should contact P&Y on a clarification.

And if you don't plan on entering an animal please don't waste the measurer's time. It does take time to measure an animal and we are not compensated.

I pesonally will not perform any measureing unless the hunter has full intent on submiting an application to the particular club and I do that for them.

It is one of the largest N/T Coues Deer EVER harvested with a bow and my buddy kinda thought that a buck that big should be recognized in every record book that it qualified for. So it will appear in B&C, P&Y, SCI, and the Arizona books as well....

As probably would I but the SCI would be at the bottom of the list by far.

Well the 60 days is not up for the other books and all "Record Books" are important historically.... IMO.

As a matter of fact their is only 8 days 3 hours 33 min left to wait

thanks everybody again

JEREMY ULMER

not that i'am counting

You going to the MSA???

As a matter of fact their is only 8 days 3 hours 33 min left to wait

thanks everybody again

JEREMY ULMER

not that i'am counting

You going to the MSA???

going to try