Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Factory 28 nosler suggestions

With all due respect, buying/building a rifle is a fairly or can be a fairly personal quest. You seem to be heavily pushing for what you think/want over what he thinks/wants. Why is that?

First time gun owner first time hunter this coming season and I will be doing all his custom hand loads and walking him through to a point where he can do the same next year. Yes my opinion is in the mix but when your at zero you need some guidance. I wish I had someone like me looking out for me when I started. I'll be doing his application for hunts and running camp. Perhaps I earned the right to push him into a gun I like? I will admit I'm also pushing him into what I already have for reloading as well. We will be buying all the items for him to be on his own before deer season so I guess if he picks some round I don't use its no big deal. Maybe he will go for the 7mm08!!!

this is the guy who will know more than me and have more guns than me about a year from now, I'm just pushing him over the hill to get him rolling. Can't wait to spend someone else's money on this crap. Haha

Spending someone else's money is always a good time! I just don't understand the reasoning for pushing him away from a gun that he wants, towards a gun that you want. Assuming of course he can afford it excetera.