Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

To Rail or Not to Rail, that is the question?

9 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

Are you guys buddies? This is getting weird.

You and everyone else will have to pardon me. No I don't know this guy at all, and I have a very low tolerance for BS. The most successful shooters that I know wouldn't come onto a hunting website and blow every other post about being a competitive shooter.

• Like 2

When I’m mounting scopes I usually tighten it down in the rings about halfway, then when adjusting the eye relief and leveling it I twist it back and forth a bunch.   This makes nice little Z shaped scratches in the scope finish and crushes the tube a little so it fits nice in the weaver rings.  

• Haha 1

And don’t get the weaver rings with the screws in both sides.  Find the old ones that just hook in on one side and have the nice flat head screws on that side.  Less stuff to go wrong.  They probably don’t make them in 30 or 34mm so you’ll have to bend them a bit. 

1A8F0FE5-DB18-4E14-BBA6-79907C0C10B3.thumb.jpeg.e81c8689cd24966b4bfb8c726e34123a.jpeg

YES!!  They still make them.  I’ve won many a trophy with these bad boys.  Thumb tight is fine onto the base, but make sure you tighten the ring screws until you booger them up good.