4Falls

Whats missing from your collection?

Gino,

You could do a 6.5 Allen Mag, based on the 338 RUM. Kirby Allen is the smith who did my 6.5 WSM (which is similar ballistically to the 264WinMag)

Here's a link describing the Allen Mags:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19...n-magnum-29244/

Doug~RR

Doug,

I was thinking of having Kirby build a rifle for me in the next couple years... what was your experience with him? All i have heard has been positive, just wanted to know if your experience was the same. And how long was the lead time? Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

Kirby was honest and good to work with. We had a problem with the barrel from Pac-Nor being out of spec, so we waited some extra time for a replacement. He was not as long as others timewise and cost was reasonable. Hard to get a hold of on the phone, but answered emails promptly and fully. He may be busier now as more find out about him.

Doug

Kevin,

Kirby was honest and good to work with. We had a problem with the barrel from Pac-Nor being out of spec, so we waited some extra time for a replacement. He was not as long as others timewise and cost was reasonable. Hard to get a hold of on the phone, but answered emails promptly and fully. He may be busier now as more find out about him.

Doug

That pretty much echoes exactly what i have heard from eveyone else. Thanks Doug. ;)