Sign in to follow this  
Bustnhearts692

Hunting around Colorado Springs

Fair amount of Elk in the hills north of the springs above the AF Academy. Not a bad area, bit congested. My sister lived there for 30 years and moved north to Larkspur. Locals are into fitness more than the average AZ person.

Cold comes and goes but doesn't last more than a few days at a time.

I was looking to move to that area myself until I talked to a few locals and went in a grocery store. WTF is kale? And chia seads are edible? I thought you just spread them on the chia head guy!

Kale is no different than collards, turnip or mustard greens. My grandmother made it alot when we were kids in the 50's and 60's with onions and steel cut oats. With people looking for more nutritious foods it is making a comeback other than the ornamental kale you plant to brighten up your place in cooler months. 

You can find it in every supermarket for the last 15 years.

52 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Kale is no different than collards, turnip or mustard greens. My grandmother made it alot when we were kids in the 50's and 60's with onions and steel cut oats. With people looking for more nutritious foods it is making a comeback other than the ornamental kale you plant to brighten up your place in cooler months. 

You can find it in every supermarket for the last 15 years.

It was a haha joke bud.

• Haha 1

The springs is awesome, s stationed there at fort Carson for 2 years . Recently visited seems like homeless population had gone up.  There are a ton of Mule deer around town seen some big bucks crossing the rte 24 to woodland park.  A little too cold for me there though.  Winters can drag on into May...