tjhunt2

CouesWhitetail's gone fishing

I'll be taking coueswhitetail fishing at Roosevelt & San Carlos this week to display my new sticker. :D Got one coming for the trailer as well. :) Is this the first sticker to hit the water? ;) post-1903-1206254142_thumb.jpg

I'll be taking coueswhitetail fishing at Roosevelt & San Carlos this week to display my new sticker. :D Got one coming for the trailer as well. :) Is this the first sticker to hit the water? ;) post-1903-1206254142_thumb.jpg

I have a dial-up modem and before the photo finally opened up I thought you were taking Amanda fishing. .... :)

Bill Quimby

I have a dial-up modem and before the photo finally opened up I thought you were taking Amanda fishing. .... :)

Bill Quimby

Bill.....I am! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...just kidding.

San Carlos Lake.....does anyone know if your fishing license entitles you to camp also. Can't find nothing on their web site about camping fees.

you need a camping permit I think there $10.00 . I also thing with a camping permit you can fish on it . this is what a buddy told me last week . but check it out . The crappie are starting to pick up my friend cought 10 from shore a couple days ago

Bruce

you need a camping permit I think there $10.00 . I also thing with a camping permit you can fish on it . this is what a buddy told me last week . but check it out . The crappie are starting to pick up my friend cought 10 from shore a couple days ago

Bruce

Thanks for the info. Plan on hitting it Tuesday. :D

TJ

Your fishing permit entitles you to camp also. But you can always call the dept to double check. Or ask the people where you buy the permit. And remember that the permits expire at midnight, they don't run 24 hrs from the time you bought it. So for one overnight you need two permits.

Nice sticker! and as far as I know yours is the first on a boat! Awesome!

Amanda

Your fishing permit entitles you to camp also. But you can always call the dept to double check. Or ask the people where you buy the permit. And remember that the permits expire at midnight, they don't run 24 hrs from the time you bought it. So for one overnight you need two permits.

Amanda

Amanda......thanks for the info and disregard the pm I just sent you except for the Happy Easter. :D

TJ

We've been hitting San Carlos hard for the past three weeks, 3-4 days a week. Fishing has been awesome. Crappies have been in the shallows for three weeks now. Where we've been hitting them nobody else has been fishing. Most everyone is still in the flotillas. We have been averaging over 100 crappies a day, keeping just the biggest ones for our limits. Bass fishing is also excellent with a lot of 1-2 pound fish with a few 3+ fish.

TJ, that is great. Now you have to behave yourself on the lakes. No more "TJ's gone wild" stuff..... :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

TJ, that is great. Now you have to behave yourself on the lakes. No more "TJ's gone wild" stuff..... :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

Behave? :o What happen to the days when a guy good fish all day naked and skinny dip at the same time? :(

CnS....don't believe any of them "TJ's gone wild stuff." I'm told them there stories were all made up. :lol: :lol: ;)

TJ

quote name='CouesWhitetail' post='97010' date='Mar 23 2008, 12:29 PM']Your fishing permit entitles you to camp also. But you can always call the dept to double check. Or ask the people where you buy the permit. And remember that the permits expire at midnight, they don't run 24 hrs from the time you bought it. So for one overnight you need two permits.

Amanda

Amanda....FYI.... just thought you might like to know that the fishing license I purchased for San Carlos lake, last week, was good for 24 hrs from the time I bought it. It ran me $65 for 4days including the boat permit. They must have changed since you last looked.

$10 per day/ valid 24 hours of time of purchase camping included

$6.25 per day boat permit and not the $10 stated on their web page

post-1903-1207249714_thumb.jpg