It appears you misunderstood the purpose of my comment. I never said the Berger target bullets don't work. If someone is going to make the choice, they should have more info and both sides. 

A) I think I read above that cjl2010 had an OTM pencil, likely because the meplat was closed, which is because it is not manufactured as a hunting bullet. And, why I mentioned closed meplats as an issue to watch for on bullets not designed for hunting. Hunting match bullets by Berger are purposefully open tip design (different than hollow point but functionally similar).

B) I have talked with enough trusted hunters, especially long range hunters, who have had failures or less dramatic performance with the Berger target bullets. The benefits one might get didn't outweigh the drawbacks for them. They went back to Berger hunting bullets.

C) Why is choosing a larger wound channel bad? Isn't that better for when velocity is at the lowest margin for expansion? Why do you have to attach it to a completely unrelated attack as if the choice is to make up for bad shooting?

D) I don't plan on a bullet missing, that is one reason I use the best match bullet I can. If I were to make that particular choice then I would actually choose the harder Berger target bullets, long range accubond or the ELDx to punch bone harder in the case of a bad shot.

E) If you like shooting them, keep shooting them. 

I built a .260 several years ago and decided to go with the Berger 130 otm on my first hand load. I was amazed at the accuracy right away. I am shooting 2800 fps with this load. I used it on a bear hunt last year and shot a bear at 200 yards. The bear dropped right where it was standing. I found the mushroom bullet under the skin on the opposite side. My son shot a deer last year at 450 yards and it also dropped in its tracks. Both shots were right through the heart on each animal. I have found that they are a little easier to load over the VLD’s if you have OAL restrictions. David

The Berger target line are not closed meplat bullets.  They are still an open hollow point.  But, sometimes they can get clogged with either a bit of lead, or polishing compound.  So do the hunting line.

Some of the Sierra line have a pointed HP design however.  6mm 110 SMK, 6.5mm 142 & 150 SMK, 7mm 183 & 197 SMK, .308 210 & 230 SMK, etc.