Coues 'n' Sheep

Been out a bit....

It would seem that I have been beat into a few areas by the "Early Birds"... scattering bulls to heck and gone.... so they can be the "first one in there"!!! :rolleyes: And of course the Quad tracks criss-crossing every open piece of ground is always a pleasant find when you are afoot... :rolleyes: <_<

But heck, me and Shiela have had a ball anyhow!! The score card is pretty weak but all worth while!

11 White (left 6 of them hangin' in trees for the next guy)

4 brown (nuthin' big) :rolleyes:

1 Coues (shed) :) (Bonus) :D

1 Elk P/U head :D

These are some of our first finds for the year.

post-996-1206634686.jpg

post-996-1206634714.jpg

post-996-1206634741.jpg

post-996-1206634759.jpg

post-996-1206634836.jpg

Pretty proud of this little horn.... I would have walked right on past it if not for Shiela! She kept running back around this 4' tall x 20' wide bush and staring at me, then run to me, and then back to stand on the horn... Man, was I proud when I realized what she was doin'!!!! Shiela got pretty "birdie" several other times but this is the only legit find so far. :D

post-996-1206634788.jpg

In the thick country that I horn hunt finding a coues shed is a rare deal and a real bonus! Got lucky and found this little guy in the open! ;) I think this is Shiela's favorite horn cuz she could carry it! :lol: :lol:

post-996-1206634863.jpg

post-996-1206634905.jpg

I glassed this P/U head back in Nov. of 2007 and it looked like it had been there for a while. I was scouting elk then & did not have time to go pick it up….. and it was a really long walk from where I was at. So I came in blind from the opposite direction and walked right to it last week. Standing there on it I realized that where I glassed it from was the only place it could be seen from. Could not tell what killed this bull but I did find a large set of fresh lion tracks a few hundred yards away.

post-996-1206634814.jpg

Anyhow, been fun to get out and enjoy the great outdoors just me and the dog.....

CnS

I remember that spot you had Caitlin and I glassing last year for her bull and you trying to tell me where that head

was. We glassed our butts off trying to see it but never did.

Some of that other country looks pretty familiar. Could it be where Caitlin wacked her bull?? :huh:

PS... If you keep taking your pooch you are going to chub up cuz she will be doing all the bone finding while you sit on

your rump watching her through your glass. :lol:

If I guess the location of two of them will you give me one. :lol:

Buckhorn

Good thing I didn't have my GPS on when we were gabbing on the radios.... :lol: :lol: I actually found all 4 of those up there in the clouds, if you remember... :rolleyes: :lol:

post-996-1206637562.jpg

Had a great time! Thanks Buddy!

CnS

I remember that spot you had Caitlin and I glassing last year for her bull and you trying to tell me where that head

was. We glassed our butts off trying to see it but never did.

Some of that other country looks pretty familiar. Could it be where Caitlin wacked her bull?? :huh:

PS... If you keep taking your pooch you are going to chub up cuz she will be doing all the bone finding while you sit on

your rump watching her through your glass. :lol:

Told you it was there! ;)

I found the coues horn about a half mile from where Cat's bull got "Mollywopped"... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :P

Awesome finds Gino! I'll have to post up the few I found now that you broke the ice..........you definitely worked alot harder for yours than I did :P JIM>

Awesome finds Gino! I'll have to post up the few I found now that you broke the ice..........you definitely worked alot harder for yours than I did :P JIM>

Yeah... I couldn't hold on to the pics anymore.... that is why I take them.

You walked 20-25 ft..... :P and I walked 20-25 miles. :rolleyes: <_< :lol: But finding mine was more fun!! ;) :P :lol:

Here is a close up of the P/U head.... probably the my largest elk head pickup (300"-310"). :rolleyes: I think it had been there for atleast 2 years.

post-996-1206674301.jpg

If I guess the location of two of them will you give me one. :lol:

Buckhorn

Good thing I didn't have my GPS on when we were gabbing on the radios.... :lol: :lol: I actually found all 4 of those up there in the clouds, if you remember... :rolleyes: :lol:

post-996-1206637562.jpg

Had a great time! Thanks Buddy!

CnS

I'd recognize that flat and rock anywhere!!! You beat me there you PUNKS!!! At least it was you guys and not someone i didn't know......... I guess when I get invited out with you guys I ought to go instead of working. CRAP!!!

I'd recognize that flat and rock anywhere!!! You beat me there you PUNKS!!! At least it was you guys and not someone i didn't know......... I guess when I get invited out with you guys I ought to go instead of working. CRAP!!!

Ha Ha Ha!! :lol: :lol:

You had your chance, Bro!!! :lol:

Somebody beat us too though.... <_< .... and ran all the bulls out. :rolleyes: dang over achievers! <_<

This horn was laying Right next to that rock!!!! :D My best horn of the day. :P

post-996-1207233736.jpg