Sign in to follow this  
matthewp45

Turkeys talkin' yet?

Just wondering if anyone had heard any gobbles or seen any strutin' while out and about lately?

I saw a tom with about 20 hens the other day. I never saw him strut or hear him gobble but he was following them wherever they went.

Just wondering if anyone had heard any gobbles or seen any strutin' while out and about lately?

Yes, a friend of mine saw some gobblers doing their thing last week near young. I was out yesterday with a friend scouting and saw several turkeys and found a bed room of 4 roost trees. Bingo! It was also nice seeing a heard of 8 mule deer which I haven't seen in this area for some time. A few elk were seen as well. It was a good day. :)

TJ

I just came home from a 3hr turkey seminar at Bass Pro, put on by Marvin Robbins. It was really informative. He put on a 2 day seminar this last weekend in unit 23 and his students got to see over 100 turkeys and lots of gobblers talking. Azgf also were up there and trapped a lot of turkeys to relocate in other not so popular areas. Now's the time to get out and witness some of Az's best turkey action. Good luck to everyone who has a tag. :)

TJ

I called Sunday evening and had 2 birds gobbling. It's going to be a great year, good luck!

I called Sunday evening and had 2 birds gobbling. It's going to be a great year, good luck!

Dadgummit :P

Turkey season is still a month away :(

Was hoping that they would not get going at least for 2-3 more weeks. :(

I saw two groups of gobblers each in units 7 and 9 this last weekend and no hens were with them.

31 has turkeys again? now there's some good news. last i knew they were extinct there. stinkin' monkeys killed em all. Lark.

I will be in 5A fri. a.m.

I was told today that most of the major roads are still closed east of 87. Probably will be open in 7-10 day's.

Do you have that tag?? The wife and I will be up there for opening day.

I will be there for opening day also near Fr 300. I can't wait to get up there the reason i was going this weekend is to see the road conditions and to see which roads are open.My buddy is the one with the tag but i"ve hunted that area before. I report on whats going on there when i get back. chris

I will be there for opening day also near Fr 300. I can't wait to get up there the reason i was going this weekend is to see the road conditions and to see which roads are open.My buddy is the one with the tag but i"ve hunted that area before. I report on whats going on there when i get back. chris

I would not waste your gas $$$$ just yet. They are ALL still closed.... most of the snow is gone, but not all and it did snow a bit on the rim last night. The birds are just now startin' to call, but not crazy yet. Just my $.02....