Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Sd card reading apps for android and laptops.

I got some card readers that hook to my phone, tablet and laptop. The stock software is a pain to view the pics, not very user friendly at all.  And my phone did not even register something was there. What are you guys using?

I was using my 7yr old LG android to view micro sd cards. just put it into the slot, wade around until it shows a dcim folder and presto. I would carry spare batteries

for it as sometimes I'd get 1000's of pics from a wind moving blade of grass etc. Just upgraded my recent LGG3 (4 1/2 years old) last week so will use the newer one

the same way. Had to pop the back of the phone off, but  it is just an old mini computer now, still takes good pic's I can down load etc. My new samsung doesn't let me

change the battery (without a technician) but that is a beef for another thread. If you have an older pone, play around with it, I'll bet you can find the pic's

goma

If using my S7, the card simply shows up as a USB drive when viewing folders. Then view, copy or move one, a few or all of them to the phone. I'm not using any special app.

On the laptop, same thing and just use the default picture viewer. 

I do have to use the Samsung adapter though on the phone.

I think most pay apps will let you batch edit pics for size and other attributes. Adobe Lightroom is a great one.