Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Where was this?

3 hours ago, dusty said:

Colonel Ellison had a ranch west of Tonto Crk, now Ellison crk subdivision.

my memory of slim's 3 books are the ellison creek property was slims' dad pearly ellisons' homestead .  i think the colonels first ranch was indian gardens/little green valley.  they called it the apple ranch.

.i could be way off.  i gave up on this dang bloody story in 1999, thew my notes away and took up poetry over history.  pearly and jim houck tortured jaime stott by hanging him seven times and letting him back down.  thank the lord jaime died after seeing his two friends lynched and getting drug up by the neck 7 times.  all because stott was a Massachusetts yankee and jim houck coveted his horse property in pinedale.  he got it.  the three graves by black canyon lake.

tell me again who were the hero's? 

lee

Yea I think your right it was Slims dad's place. I've turkey hunted on the Q ranch,elk hunted above Indian Gardens and bear hunted Ellison crk. I elk hunted and saw the three graves and heard the story that they were taking them to Prescott and got drunk and figured they would save themselves a long ride and strung them up that night. I liked the story in the book about how tough and mean the pack burros were. They are the only animal besides man that commits rape.

• Like 1

I used to go up to that area (Q Ranch) alot when I was younger. I would usually come up from the South. I stumbled upon the graves one trip and I believe a small monument telling about the Pleasant Valley wars. I will see about getting the book.