Ghostbird

BuenosAires wildlife Refuge= too many Cats

This refuge is entertaining the notion of allowing the hunting and take of lion,bobcat and Coati.this has all been closed in the past though you could take coyotes and fox etc.personel at BANWR admittedley know there are a huge population of these predators.they also admittedly believe most of the response they are soliciting will come from antis.what they are proposing is the expansion of refuge hunting laws to be in line with AZ hunting regulation, as in the hunting of lion and Bobcat.they are currently looking for public input.i am hoping we can unleash a tsunami of of hunters opinions on this matter.      Send comments and/opinions to the assistant manager.  stan_Culling@FWS.Gov

• Like 2

I didnt know that you cant hunt kitties on the Buenos Aries ranch.  If you dont know the feds bought this ranch to reintroduce the masked bobwhite quail.  It failed.  They have managed to have a few Pronghorns but the money spent is enormous.  They have rules that are not consistent with the state of AZ.  And now they are wondering if they should have similar rules.  LOL

Ya,I live here so I’m familiar with the failed attempts to get a bobwhite population and the money spent.it seems that there are possibly a few hunter friendly people working there,one being the assistant manager,Stan Culling.it seems that there may be a chance to hunt cats on this refuge but this hinges on hunter support and voicing our opinion on this subject you email to Stan Culling. Spread the word.

Thanks for posting this Ghostbird. This is the email I sent and hope it expresses what you are trying to get across:

Good morning Sir,

I am writing this email to support the Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge adopting hunting laws concerning predators consistent with the Arizona Game and Fish Department hunting rules and regulations. Having been a resident of the Tucson area for 45 years, I have personally witnessed a larger than normal population of predators on the refuge. Adopting the rules and regulations set forth by the Arizona Game and Fish Department biologists, would provide a fiscally beneficial means to control the predator population benefitting all users of the Refuge. Thank you for considering this matter and please feel free to contact me for any questions or concerns. 
Sincerely,

• Like 2

Looks good Elwood,thanks.i sent something similar and received a reply thanking me for the input.hopefully we are out hunting lions and bobcats on the refuge in the future!

• Like 1