Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

OMR Barrels?

Has anyone used one? I found them in my search for Howa Barrels. The price seems low which is a little suspect to me. 

https://omrifles.com/collections/howa-1500-weatherby-vanguard-prefits/products/257-wby-mag-howage-prefit?variant=17434854752302

Saw a couple of positive reviews after a Google search, but it could have been the owner of the company posting the reviews as far as I know. One of the guys said that he called and talked to the owner and ask him what barrels they were using and the owner wouldn't tell him. 

I sent them a message asking about what twist rates they offer in the 257 blanks as I want to get a 8 twist. 

I am really interested in this option to try and save some money on the rebarrel project I have coming up. 

Since nobody knows anything about this company I decided to bite the bullet and be your test Guinea pig. I ordered a 257 weatherby carbon wrapped barrel from them yesterday. 1:8 twist with 26" length. 

In 6 to 8 weeks I should have a barrel hopefully...

• Like 2

I have not finished my load development yet. I didn't draw any tags and I have been more focused on work. I have some rounds loaded though to try and finish my H1000 load development and also try RL26. 

I has shot some really nice groups and some just ok groups on H1000. I am trying to find the sweet spot. 

On 11/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, Huntermanryan said:

Any word on how this build turned out?  I just ordered a 20" rem-age for my 7mm rem mag.  So far Lee has been great to deal with!

20"???