Sign in to follow this  
liv4coues

Bipod

Save the weight and use your tripod.

Jim White makes a cool little shoe that you can quick change out with optics, or flip the head over and use the "Y" created by the panning handle.

I started using the Slik pro. ITs light and you can take the center shaft out and get it down to about 6" off the ground.

i like to shoot off-hand,backwards,holding the gun on top of my shoulder,using a mirror just too make it sporting ;)

here is a link to the rifle rest that Jim White makes. It's called Jimmy's rest and it's on the bottom of this page:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/adaptors.htm

It screws into your tripod head (or you can attach it to a quick release plate for faster setup).

I use the harris bipod. I use the bigger version (13-27 inches I think). It's a bit heavy, but I love the extra stability. Last year I used a tripod under the butt end of the gun with the harris bipod set so I could shoot from sitting position. I am frequently hunting in areas with tall grass or brush so that position works for me. This setup takes awhile to get right and I highly recommend you practice getting this stuff all setup for a shot before you need it. But this works for me since most of the time I have plenty of time to take a shot. This year I made a 370 yard shot (longest ever for me) with this setup and it was benchrest steady!! Loved it. Here is a pic of my shot setup.

post-1-1211053950_thumb.jpg

i like to shoot off-hand,backwards,holding the gun on top of my shoulder,using a mirror just too make it sporting ;)

Ya I do that to, but I prefer a sling-shot. :lol:

here is a link to the rifle rest that Jim White makes. It's called Jimmy's rest and it's on the bottom of this page:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/adaptors.htm

It screws into your tripod head (or you can attach it to a quick release plate for faster setup).

I use the harris bipod. I use the bigger version (13-27 inches I think). It's a bit heavy, but I love the extra stability. Last year I used a tripod under the butt end of the gun with the harris bipod set so I could shoot from sitting position. I am frequently hunting in areas with tall grass or brush so that position works for me. This setup takes awhile to get right and I highly recommend you practice getting this stuff all setup for a shot before you need it. But this works for me since most of the time I have plenty of time to take a shot. This year I made a 370 yard shot (longest ever for me) with this setup and it was benchrest steady!! Loved it. Here is a pic of my shot setup.

post-1-1211053950_thumb.jpg

Amanda, camo hat, camo pants, but white pants? :huh: Do you really hunt like that?

Just wondered! :huh:

TJ