Sign in to follow this  
My Rights As An American

When I see javelina.....

Really simple. Made two 3 pound cuts from the whole belly. Used one of the online recipe cures that looked good and made it myself. Rubbed it on and vacuum sealed it with a bit of air still inside to move juices around. Placed them in the fridge and flipped everyday. Day 7 rinsed them off completely and patted them dry. Smoked them at 200 for just over two hours with cherry wood and apple juice. Next time I will reduce the heat and increase the time a bit I think. Slow down the amount of smoke I use. But no complaints on how it turned out!

Guessing it was a pellet smoker such as Treager, Camp Chef? I spritz apple juice on ribs towards the end of the cook. Did you do something similar with these. They look fantastic and I am interested in trying.

35 minutes ago, CJNAZ said:

Guessing it was a pellet smoker such as Treager, Camp Chef? I spritz apple juice on ribs towards the end of the cook. Did you do something similar with these. They look fantastic and I am interested in trying.

Master built electric. There is a pan for liquids to keep meats moist or flavored. Just put apple juice in there!