JAW DROPPER!!!! No way I'd pay $25k but what a great buck......Does anyone recognize that bad boy? Mexico, NM or AZ?

You'd think for $25K, they would throw in the shipping for free instead of trying to gouge you for an extra $75.

Killer buck though.

That's an awesome buck. No matter how awesome it is, there is no way in the world I would pay a large sum of money for a buck that I did not harvest. It's not just about the rack, it's the story and the experience that go with it, the people that you shared the experience with, etc. IMO.

I bought a pair of Eastern sheds from that same person a few years ago.....she ain't cheap that's for sure! That's the first Coues antlers I've seen her sell though.

I'd bet it is a Mexico P/U head..... they find them down there more often that up here. Judging from the screwhole in the skullplate, it was bought from a Mexican Cowboy that had it hanging on the porch at a ranch. ;) The cape probably does not match the horns on the deer. Any good Taxi can fix that though.... Ought to be a big profit in that if she gets it sold for that kind of $$$$!! :blink:

Or it could be a buck that a cowboy killed. That's becoming a problem down there; Cowboys see a monster buck - kill it - and sell it for a few thousand dollars to some gringo for some easy money. (who then turn around and try to sell it to some other gringo) People think that just because cowboys don't have Swarovksi's and 300 Ultra mags they can't kill big bucks. B.S.!

I'd bet it is a Mexico P/U head..... they find them down there more often that up here. Judging from the screwhole in the skullplate, it was bought from a Mexican Cowboy that had it hanging on the porch at a ranch. ;) The cape probably does not match the horns on the deer. Any good Taxi can fix that though.... Ought to be a big profit in that if she gets it sold for that kind of $$$$!! :blink:

That buckskull came from gilbert AZ the seller won it on ebay for 170.00 and didnt even know it was a coues deer until he was told. after that he had it scored and put it back on ebay for that ridiculous amount!

I'd bet if you had those DNA tested they'd come back as some eastern specie of wt. No chance it's coues if you ask me, even though nobody did. :huh:

Hey Josh do you think that's a Coues or an Eastern?

It ain't coues so call it what you want my friend.......

I'm with grong on this. I've known people that have tried to pass easterns off as coues, and still do. Ask for a field photo, surely after killing something this big they would have found someone that had a camera in this day and age.