Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Being Social

Social conditioning is the sociological process of training individuals in a society to respond in a manner generally approved by the society in general and peer groups within soci ety. The concept is stronger than that of socialization, which is the process of inheriting norms, customs and ideologies. We all like to think we have free will and make our own decisions in life, but in actual fact, we are programmed at an early age by social conditioning.

Social conditioning is a set of rules and behavior dictated to us by society. It’s very easy to see how we as individuals can be conditioned in this way. No one wants to stand out when they are younger. We all want to fit in. If you are different, you are bullied, ridiculed and ostracised from popular groups. We soon learn to fall in line with whatever everyone is doing, saying, wearing, wanting, even believing.

So how does it start and who conditions us? The thing is, this kind of conditioning begins as soon as we are born. Parents immediately reinforce gender differences. Parents tell girls to behave in a quiet and polite manner and boys must not cry. Teachers take on the baton and steer boys towards scientific subjects such as maths and physics. On the other hand, girls are pushed to creative topics. Our newly qualified graduates head out into the workplace. Adverts bombard them with messages on what to wear, what to look like and who they should like. This constant drip-feeding of nudging and reinforcing the right responses actually affects our behavior without us really knowing.

So what can you do to break free from conditioning?

Don’t be afraid to question or confront people about their behavior. If you see something you don’t agree with – say so.Don’t surround yourself with like-minded people. You’ll only reinforce your own views.

Watch media from different sources. If you only ever read one newspaper, switch to another. Do your own thing! Live by your own rules. So what if you don’t earn a lot of money? Do what makes you happy! Finally, recognize when your behaviors or beliefs are a result of social conditioning and work to change them.

Above all else, don't listen to politicians who are self-serving and who's sole objective is to fulfill their own needs at any cost.

COVID-19, although real, has given the 'powers to be"  the perfect opportunity to further their agenda of world domination, and in hopes of creating a "NEW WORLD ORDER". 

Now, more than ever, is the time to think for ourselves, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Thought I'd  pass this on.

Not a terrible read but the COVID addition is better left for some other site. Just because it may not be affecting you don't act like its some conspiracy. some people are on the front lines and are getting hammered hard. Take it serious as a heart attack. I keep seeing folks not doing their part and it pisses me off, they are going to end up dead or killing someone else. Please be serious about this mess. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Not a terrible read but the COVID addition is better left for some other site. Just because it may not be affecting you don't act like its some conspiracy. some people are on the front lines and are getting hammered hard. Take it serious as a heart attack. I keep seeing folks not doing their part and it pisses me off, they are going to end up dead or killing someone else. Please be serious about this mess. 

+1

e.png

1 hour ago, elkaholic said:

Don’t be afraid to question or confront people about their behavior. If you see something you don’t agree with – say so.

My opinion thats how people are going to get killed, being a asshole and telling other people what to do. assholes like this are what starts problems.

Just like idiots who say dont eat this or that, the Anti smoking nazi, anti gun crowds ,. There nothing more than a repulsive democrat.

if you dont like what people are doing just stay away its alot safer.

• Like 1

I know it's not a great read , and I dont agree or go along with 1/2  of it either.

Figured it'd get a lot of different replys.