Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

Defiance Machine -- Controlled Round Feed

Anyone use one of these?  How do you like them.  There are very few CRF type actions out there in the Custom Market (ARC, Defiance, McMillan, Dakota, Montana … any I am missing), and because I grew up on Mausers and Winchesters I am stuck on them.  I like that Defiance and ARC are Model 700 Compatible and can use all the parts available for the 700.  If you've used them, how do you like them?  How do they compare with other actions?  Quality of workmanship?

I've got a few buddies that have Defiance actions.    They all love them.    Defiance makes a great action.   Don't be afraid they are top quality and you will be VERY, VERY happy.     

I've got a Batt Machine action that I like.    Batt says that they are like a remington 700 but their lug isn't in the same spot at a remington 700 so you need to do a little stock work for the Batt.  

I have a lefty rebel action made by them and the machine work is pretty flawless.  That being said there is an abundance of Remington-like actions out there that are all far better than the original Remington.  If you purchase I don't think you will be disappointed

I have an ARC in my safe right now.  Very smooth action.

I have shot two different Montanas.  Not impressed with them at all.  Not smooth.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:23 AM, lancetkenyon said:

I have an ARC in my safe right now.  Very smooth action.

I have shot two different Montanas.  Not impressed with them at all.  Not smooth.

Which ARC do you have?  I had read a couple of places where the machining really needed to be smoothed/cleaned up on those.  Not sure if that was an anomaly?  That is why I started researching the other ones.  I'd stick with my Winchesters, but that isn't as much aftermarket for the flat bottoms.  Love them … really do.  Just trying to get something with more options that is still CRF.

ARC Nucleus. 

I also have a Bighorn TL3 in there too.  THAT is an amazing action.

If you don't mind a push feed, the Kelbly Atlas is seriously on of my favorite actions out right now.

I've got a Bighorn SR3. I was a little skeptical about the CRF and prefits at first but after getting it broke in I love it and I cant wait to build on another bighorn.That action feeds and runs like a well tuned machine.  Great action and great customer service! 

Did not know Bighorn made a CRF.  I will have to look at that.

Thanks!