couesdeerhntr

I declined a goulds tag that was surrendered

Yes I saw his post and actually makes me feel even better that it went to him. I am 36 and I  have had some good tags recently from my kaibab mule deer and bison tag to archery 3a3c tag in 2016 for elk and I am ok with waiting for this one. Looks like it was a bucket list hunt for him like it is for most, and he had also just got a kaibab buck so I am glad I helped this hunt happen sooner than later with me declining the tag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks my situation is probably much different than yours.  I was fortunate to get the late West Kaibab deer hunt last November with 13 points.  My health is poor and I struggled on the turkey hunt. I am kinda running out of time for hunting.  At times I could only walk 40 to 50 yards without stopping to rest.  To me the best part of the hunt is scouting but times have changed for me. If I were in your shoes I would have done what you did.  I hope things get better since I have 20bp for elk.

• Like 4

OP - you should go down and scout at some time.    There are a ton of turkeys down there and I find it enjoying to watch them gobble regardless of having a tag.   Watched a group of 10 gobblers making noise towards the end of March.    They would gobble every time I made a noise.    Super fun hunt (did it back in 2015) and I would take a tag anytime I could get one.   They are REALLY big birds.     

• Like 1