Sign in to follow this  
andrewmilich

can anybody help with a polaris quad issue? carburetor issue

I have a 2001 polaris trail boss 325.  It sat for couple of years.  I have done a carb rebuild, changed the spark plug, fuel lines, fuel filter, petcock value.  I can get it to start no problem.  Cruise around no problem at full throttle. , but when idling it is sluggish.  I know it's the idle screw or at least I think it is.  problem is I dont know if I have to take the whole carb apart again to adjust the idle jet or is there another way to adjust the idle screw??  I replaced the jets during rebuild.  

any thoughts,  better yet anyone want to stop by and help for 10 mins who knows what the heck they are doing with this thing. gotta couple of colds ones in fridge ready.  Trying to get it ready for an elk hunt.  I am located at 51 and 101  in phoenix.    any help  or suggestions ( not smart butt comments :) ) would be awesome.   

My 99 sportsman idle screw Is accessible by reaching in directly above the shroud for the pull start.

There was a problem with one of the seats on those carbs,, its easier to just buy a new carb. we have a sportmans 500 I think its a 2004. you can see the corroded seat,

we had a shop rebuild the motor that lasted about a whopping 30 mins before it seized up. when I took it apart I noticed that on the carb as well as reading about it on the web.

I have the thing apart in my shop, if I ever get time to rebuild it AGAIN. if I remember I will grab a pic of the problem carb.

add'd  it was one of the deep seats that is next tii impossible to get too. they get pitted