Sign in to follow this  
OpticNerd

New Swarovski 115mm

Yep its a big hunk of glass. I think Swaro has it listed at 4.6 lbs. At just under $3000 I wont be getting one anytime soon but can't wait to hear how it performs. Could be pretty sweet with the BTX mod.

One of the things I found surprising was it will have the same mags as the 95mm. When I 1st heard about it my 1st thought was dang whats going to be the magnification with the BTX? 40x? 50?. Nope same as the 95. Say what now?!

Unless Swarovski used some sort of reducer that would make this a very fast optic. I'm just speculating but this should be around f4.8 compared to f5.8 for the 95mm. I'm very curious to see how well it does when hooked up to a camera. The more I think about the more I want to get one for videoing with because it's really close to what I'm using now but at half the weight. This dang thing is really starting to tempt me. Might be time to start selling off all my gear and join Team Swaro. 

• Like 2

Reasons to buy new Swarovski 115mm.

1. Maximum glass for maximum optical quality.

2. Half the weight I'm currently using.

3. Nut veins. I can finally see nut veins!

Thanks bonecollector I wouldhave never thought of that one. I'm starting to think your name might means something different than I originally thought.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow! 1