Antler assassin

Wtb Ford 351/400 and 1977 f150 parts

My daughter just purchased her first vehicle. It is a 1977 ford f-150 swb 4x4. She is really excited to start fixing it up. It has a 351/400 engine. She is wanting to upgrade the intake to a 4 barrel set up including carb, headers, ignition, wheels and tires and anything else. Please let us know if you have anything that would work for her. Thanks in advance

You won't wake up that engine without a cam and timing set that doesn't retard cam timing.  That will be night and day.

Those are great trucks. Fitech makes a reasonably priced fuel injection setup that fits them. I’d probably be looking to go that route for a 4x4. I come across parts from time to time so Ill keep an ear to the ground. Also, I build differentials for a living, and have a ton of experience with the ford 9” that comes in these trucks if you end up needing axle work. 

• Like 2

Just now, Prettyman said:

Those are great trucks. Fitech makes a reasonably priced fuel injection setup that fits them. I’d probably be looking to go that route for a 4x4. I come across parts from time to time so Ill keep an ear to the ground. Also, I build differentials for a living, and have a ton of experience with the ford 9” that comes in these trucks if you end up needing axle work. 

Thank you for keeping a ear out for parts. She could really use just about everything for that truck. I will be getting ahold of you after awhile to do the axels. Thanks again

• Like 1

I know.  I’ve always wanted to swap an old motor with a newer one.  I had an International Scout and I was planning on doing a LS swap but I figured out time was an issue.  Not so much money because it would take a few years but I’m not as patient as I once was and I’m not willing to cut back my time in the field.  

You two should have a good time with this project.  I’m surprised a girl is into that.  I have lots of respect for her.

• Like 1

Just now, Saguaro said:

I know.  I’ve always wanted to swap an old motor with a newer one.  I had an International Scout and I was planning on doing a LS swap but I figured out time was an issue.  Not so much money because it would take a few years but I’m not as patient as I once was and I’m not willing to cut back my time in the field.  

You two should have a good time with this project.  I’m surprised a girl is into that.  I have lots of respect for her.

She is awesome to take this on. I am excited

• Like 1

My neighbor across the street has the same truck. He's restoring and rebuilding right now. He has tons of parts and has other people he knows to ge them from

1 minute ago, Dano562 said:

My neighbor across the street has the same truck. He's restoring and rebuilding right now. He has tons of parts and has other people he knows to ge them from

Would you mind asking him if I can contact him sometime?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Antler assassin said:

What timing set would I get that fits that motor but doesn't retard the timing? I have heard of that I just don't know what set to get. Any specific application timing set?

I'd probably go with Comp Cams or Cloyes Double Roller with adjustable timing.  Plenty of good info sites on that engine.  TMeyer makes great parts fod upgrade including some fixes for low oil pressure.

20 minutes ago, sjvcon said:

I'd probably go with Comp Cams or Cloyes Double Roller with adjustable timing.  Plenty of good info sites on that engine.  TMeyer makes great parts fod upgrade including some fixes for low oil pressure.

Tmeyer.com?

On 10/26/2020 at 4:48 PM, Antler assassin said:

Tmeyer.com?

Tmeyerinc.com