Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

need opinions

I will be using this gun for wht deer varmints what not maybe out to 350 yds any opinions on size of scopes and or good deals would be great Thanks alot

I favorite is something in the 4.5-14x40 or so version. I like the 4.5-14x44 Zeiss. That is what I am putting on my .257 wby. I also have a 4.5-14x50. That is pretty large but I like it.

Charlie,

If you wanted to go more for a budget scope you might want to look into a Burris fullfield II. 4.5X14 I have one on my sons 243 savage and I am very pleased with it. It took me exactly three shots to zero it. So I know the windage and altitude adjustments are precise. It has held its zero even with my son dragging it on the ground. Plus it has hold over plexes that would be handy on a 350 yard shot. I paid just over $200 on ebay and believe they run $250 at SW. If you have more money to spend, Leupold is the ticket, probably 80% of the people on this site including myself swear by them.

Bob

I've got a Cabela's Alaskan Guide in 4.5-14 on my Savage 25-06 and I really like the combo. I think the scope was around $350.

J

I have the leupold vari x III 4-12x42 or 50 i can't remember which but it is great quality and have had a lot of success with it. ;)

Charlie,

If you wanted to go more for a budget scope you might want to look into a Burris fullfield II. 4.5X14 I have one on my sons 243 savage and I am very pleased with it. It took me exactly three shots to zero it. So I know the windage and altitude adjustments are precise. It has held its zero even with my son dragging it on the ground. Plus it has hold over plexes that would be handy on a 350 yard shot. I paid just over $200 on ebay and believe they run $250 at SW. If you have more money to spend, Leupold is the ticket, probably 80% of the people on this site including myself swear by them.

Bob

Charlie,

I would agree with Bob. I have about 5 Burris Fullfield II scopes for the vary reason that he discribed. 3 of them are 3x9x50 that I use on my varmit rifles. They have the bullistic rectical which is real easy to use, and with practice you will have no problem 200-500yds. I have other rifles with Leupold scopes, which is an outstanding scope, one with a ziess, and from here on out I am set on only buying Burris because of the cost durability and reliabilaty.