Sign in to follow this  
10Turkeys

Remington 700 SPS

Midway USA has their Remington 700 SPS in .260 Rem on sale for 449.00, Remington has a 50.00 rebate going on til the 15th of Dec. I just picked mine up. Remington went belly up, so don't know if the gun will shoot or not, but the action is worth that. Brunos has primed Federal 210 Lapua brass for 75.00 per 100.

• Like 1

That's a heck of deal when you count the rebate! I bought one last year and it's a shooter. Pillar bed the stock and float the barrel, it'll improve the way it shoots. Also I installed a Jewell trigger to replace the factory. You can't get more than 20 rounds down the bore without having to give it a good cleaning but that's pretty much the case with all factory barrels. They can shoot good you just have to clean more often. By the way are you sure that's primed Lapua brass? Just checked that's a Bruno special. It's going to go fast.

They are primed and the headstamp is Lapua. Got it home and ran a patch down the barrel. One patch isn't going to do it, pretty dirty.

Use Bore tech C4 to get that powder fouling out. The fouling buries itself in the machine marks in the barrel. It'll take 20 or so patches. Mine actually started shooting better after a hundred rounds. I bore scoped the barrel when I bought it and I sure didn't think it would be a shooter. It's actually gotten smoother after a hundred rounds. Don't forget to clean the chamber ring. 

Finally got the SPS to the range. Put 20 thru it to break it in, then shot these three at 100. 143 ELD-X max load of RL-19.

1128201521a~2.jpg

• Like 1