Markleo21377

Max's 2020 Kansas Deer Hunt

Howdy all,

We just returned home from one of the most memorable hunts I have been a part of to date. Max filled both of his Kansas Deer tags and the week was full of laughs, tears, and many memorable conversations. These moments always help me to reset my compass on what is truly important in life and the opportunities we have to teach young hunters what is truly important and worth pursuing in this sport. These moments are short and gone in the blink of an eye.

I hope all of us hunters on here can unitedly work to instill the ethics and values to every young person we can that will preserve this sport for generations to come. 

Get a young one involved in conservation activities. Hunting is about giving back more than we take.

Get excited about trophy animals but never forget to instill excitement over any animal, watch there behavior, and let kids be kids. Shoot what is legal and don't put unnecessary stress on them. As they progress set goals based on their input.

Use trail cameras as a tool to learn animal behavior not to claim hunting spots. You see other cameras help the kids to see that we all share equal privileges to the outdoors. If you see a camera that has been messed with have your kid try to fix it. 

Competition is ruining our sport. Teach our kids to compete within themselves to be the best hunter they can be. If we do so they will be continually successful under the most adverse conditions. Teach them to help other hunters. Take an evening off of their hunt to help with a packout...."there is more happiness in giving than receiving."

Appreciate all the great content on this site and hope everyone is having a great season....on to the 36a junior hunt

PXL_20201111_173621668.PORTRAIT-02.ORIGINAL.thumb.jpg.f98b4e60adea7d34708d46328072035a.jpgPXL_20201112_234818210.thumb.jpg.547381f2ee933c5f8f026e52850baf7b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Are those tears of joy? Lol

Great post man.  Can't agree more with your philosophy and huge congrats. Those look like some very special memories.

• Like 1