Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Predator where are the pics

The Wahoo was caught on the troll along with another one the same size on Wednesday. Monday the captain said there were 12' seas so we stayed close to the coast and  putz around picking up a few Yellow Tails here and there until we hit the motherload and brought in about 35 in an hour or so. Tuesday morning I could smell coffee at about 5AM so I got up, got dressed and headed to the galley. There were a few others there and one guy said did you seed the dorado, they are all around the boat.

I walked outside and sure enough they were plenty just swimming about 5 feet under the surface. One of the guys asked a mate if we could fish for them and he said ok and it was on. We were using sardines and also mackerel we have been catching at night using sabiki rigs. Soon the commotion woke the others and all 12 of us were flinging them over the rail. That lasted about 40 minutes and we probably put 50 on deck, most about the size of the one my so is holding.

We also caught some during the day on the troll with one about 35 pounds.  After we had breakfast the captain said it had calmed down so we headed offshore. It was sloppy and 5' seas with some bigger rollers and trolled most of the rest of the day with some bonita and a few breakoff. I'll see if I can post some video later.

20201111_113605_edited.jpg

20201111_152312_edited.jpg

20201111_061804_edited.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

i would have thought you would have caught a bunch of marlin and wahoo. but gotta have the right weather i guess. 

We only doubled up on Wahoo twice with the second set being about 40 pounds each. We stayed on Marlin long enough for each person to catch one.

• Like 1

Those wahoo put up a solid fight.  The first one i caught, I would have lost my left nut betting how big he was going to be when he surfaced.  They are phenomenal table fare too.