Sign in to follow this  
Apache7mm

San Carlos Small Game OPEN

Today the Tribal Council approved Small Game and Waterfowl hunting for Non-members on San Carlos. The department office will have permits for sale starting tomorrow (12/30/20). Normal business hours are 8am to 430pm M-F and 8am to 12pm Sat.

You will be required to have a recent Covid19 negative test on your person at all times and also adhere to cdc guidelines such as wearing of mask around others you may encounter and social distancing.

There are various checkpoints entering the community areas which you will need to show your hunting permits to pass through and on to the hunting areas.

Although we suffered several large wildfires in some prime quail habitat, there is an abundance of birds which need thinning out!

DAN

• Like 3

Thanks Dan, I was curious how to keep track of info coming from the tribe? I missed the coues draw for next year thinking it would be next month. 

Coues draw is back open for the next two weeks for remaining tags (a lot). Best way to stay in the loop is by bugging us, or you can contact myself if you'd like. (928) 200-2209 is my cell if anyone wants general information.

DAN

• Like 1

Dan a friend told me he understands that you are not allowed to have two hunters in the same vehicle. Each hunter must travel in separate vehicles. Do you know if this is current policy?

There's nothing in black and white to my knowledge but with that said I would assume members of different households would be required to travel in separate vehicles OR to keep things to a minimum with only 2 hunters per vehicle.

Any regulation of course is at the discretion of the Rangers and the bottom line is Tribal Council approved these hunts based on the department's assurance that Everyone would be following all Cdc guidelines/practices to minimize the spread.

The direct number to the LE dispatch office is 475-2236 and you can request to speak to a Ranger if present or leave your number for one to get back to you.

Just spoke with LE and there's no such rule as traveling 1 hunter per vehicle. The overall rule is still "Less than 10" but again I would still suggest keeping things to a minimum as much as possible. 

DAN

Thank you for getting back to me.

Regards,

Phil