Sign in to follow this  
Sparks

Whats the deal with unit 22 N/S early gun hunt?

I was looking through the regs making my wish list and noticed the date for the 22s ml hunt was 9/10-16 then, the week before archery starts. 22n is the same and these are the only two units that are that way, struck me as strange. 

Don’t mind Lance, his wife has been “social distancing” him since March.

They have been switching the early firearms hunts in 1 unit each year to precede the archery hunts.

I am putting a repeal of this poppycock on my wishlist for the 2023 guidelines. Has this worked out well for anyone? The 22S muzzleloader hunt is one of the hottest, most miserable elk hunts in the state anyway. Then move it up two weeks and see if anyone can even kill an elk in 95 degree temps without it spoiling before it hits the ground. 

They did this in 2017 when I was due for a 22 archery tag after applying for 12 years. But I wasn’t willing to do that hunt after 50 of the best bulls had been killed by rifle and muzzleloader hunters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Don’t mind Lance, his wife has been “social distancing” him since March.

They have been switching the early firearms hunts in 1 unit each year to precede the archery hunts.

I am putting a repeal of this poppycock on my wishlist for the 2023 guidelines. Has this worked out well for anyone? The 22S muzzleloader hunt is one of the hottest, most miserable elk hunts in the state anyway. Then move it up two weeks and see if anyone can even kill an elk in 95 degree temps without it spoiling before it hits the ground. 

They did this in 2017 when I was due for a 22 archery tag after applying for 12 years. But I wasn’t willing to do that hunt after 50 of the best bulls had been killed by rifle and muzzleloader hunters. 

Thank God! it makes it easier to stalk animals without her!

• Haha 2

Just now, AZLance said:

Thank God! it makes it easier to stalk animals without her!

Ha, I was talking about Lance Kenyon but if the shoe fits 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1