Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Paul Westphal

RIP Westy. You were one of Phoenix's greatest ever. Thank You Sir!.................BOB!

• Like 3

Yep ,the Good ole days . Suns are finally good again ,Time to get behind them. I don't wanna sound like a Homer ,it's time to get with them again. The Suns have it all . Depth ,Talent ,Bench  Shooters ,Ball handlers. And I aint  just Jumping on the band wagon. I know it when I see it . They are so deep they could even get an injury or 2 and still win it. Some body here tell me a weakness they have and I will listen. (and no one from Tucson, we know your weakness).  But hey ,lets keep it Clean . This is a tribute to WESTY!...........................BOB!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naturebob said:

Yep ,the Good ole days . Suns are finally good again ,Time to get behind them. I don't wanna sound like a Homer ,it's time to get with them again. The Suns have it all . Depth ,Talent ,Bench  Shooters ,Ball handlers. And I aint  just Jumping on the band wagon. I know it when I see it . They are so deep they could even get an injury or 2 and still win it. Some body here tell me a weakness they have and I will listen. (and no one from Tucson, we know your weakness).  But hey ,lets keep it Clean . This is a tribute to WESTY!...........................BOB!

I think the league culture has gone down hill.  That’s why I lost my passion for the suns not because they had a crappy run as of late (new owner sucks btw).   But anyway this thread is about Paul.   May he RIP.  I’ll always remember when the suns were down 2-0 to the Lakers and he called it they’d win 3 in a row and they did. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Green Bullet said:

I think the league culture has gone down hill.  That’s why I lost my passion for the suns not because they had a crappy run as of late (new owner sucks btw).   But anyway this thread is about Paul.   May he RIP.  I’ll always remember when the suns were down 2-0 to the Lakers and he called it they’d win 3 in a row and they did. 

I agree. I haven't watched a game since Steve Nash left and haven't kept up with goings on either. Did Sarver sell or are you still referring to him as the "new owner?"

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I agree. I haven't watched a game since Steve Nash left and haven't kept up with goings on either. Did Sarver sell or are you still referring to him as the "new owner?"

Sarver is still new to me LOL

2 hours ago, Green Bullet said:

Sarver is still new to me LOL

Yeah, he's been there only close to 20 years I'd guess. 🤣 BUT..I do recall that Larry Fitzgerald had bought a small share in the Suns a while back, so at least there is one new owner. 😉 

I was once a pretty avid fan. I attended the very first game when Andy Williams and Bobbi Gentry were there. Then over the ensuing years a now deceased friend and I usually went to several games a month when they were in town.  

When I managed a Penny's sporting goods dept. in the early 1970s, I had Dick VanArsdale, Connie Hawkins and Paul Silas come in for meet & greets on different days. Somewhere in my wife's snapshot collection are ones with my three kids with each of the three players. The Hawk was a funny guy, and we talked about one of my college classmates at Dayton, Roger Brown; he played in the ABA with Hawkins after they were alleged to have been connected to point-shaving scandal while in college. It kept Hawkins out of the NBA for a while, and Brown never did play in the NBA, despite being the top star of the Pacers in the ABA for years. 

• Like 1