Sign in to follow this  
Hullensian

Opening day or later in the week?

Hoping to get some collective Wisdom / opinions.

I’m debating between a friday (opening morning - but no Saturday) or Monday to get my daughter out on her first pig hunt in 34A with a leftover tag. I spent 3 days scouting down there but it was obviously off season and it was during the week.

I’ve always been out at least Thursday morning before elk/deer hunts so I can get first crack before the pressure hits On Friday morning.

what do y’all think about pressure and amounts of people between those two days?

thanks for any/all advice.

I've always been an 'opening day' guy!  Just love that feeling of opening morning.  My opinion would be that for sure there would almost certainly be less pressure on Monday, which would be nice.  The question of course would be whether the pressure they received during the opening weekend forced changes in habits (So if you scouted some prior to season, would they still be in those same places???).

Either way, cool on you getting out there with your daughter!!!  Have fun and good luck!!

S.

4 hours ago, stanley said:

I've always been an 'opening day' guy!  Just love that feeling of opening morning.  My opinion would be that for sure there would almost certainly be less pressure on Monday, which would be nice.  The question of course would be whether the pressure they received during the opening weekend forced changes in habits (So if you scouted some prior to season, would they still be in those same places???).

Either way, cool on you getting out there with your daughter!!!  Have fun and good luck!!

S.

Thanks Stanley. She’s pretty stoked. Been doing the online quizzes/test on her own without any encouragement from me. I’m proud of her. 

im with you. There’s nothing like opening morning it’s just exciting. I don’t have any solid spots down there so the habits haven’t been established. Probably just as likely to find em on Monday as Friday. I’m thinking if we can get down there Sunday afternoon we could spot the pressure and then develop a plan for Monday morning that plays away from pressure.  

• Like 1

I don't think it matters archery hunters been putting pressure on for months .. Really Opening day is 3rd week of August.. After that the heat is on... 

• Like 3

On 1/23/2021 at 11:24 AM, FirstBlood said:

I don't think it matters archery hunters been putting pressure on for months .. Really Opening day is 3rd week of August.. After that the heat is on... 

Thanks blood. Valid point.