Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Turkeys coming

With most seasons over who all is looking towards Turkey season.  I have turned in to a turkey nut over the years. Going to Florida for the Osceola hunt on the 20th of March. Going to see some friends there, get a little beach time in Daytona then head to hopefully hunt Georgia.  Then off to Virginia to visit a good buddy I grew up with in PA. ,He's got a lot of land and Turkey's but there season doesn't open till later. Then off to Pa. and hang around till they open ,Still have Family and friends there to visit then hunt. Then I can Hunt any where on the way back to AZ.  Have a Son in Illinois who is having his first kid, I will stop and visit. Then might hit Mizz. or Oklahoma on the way back if not burned out. Then back here I have the 2nd hunt in unit 1 ,my favorite place to hunt them.  My Osceola will finish my Royal slam finally. Good luck To all You Bird guys this year. Hopefully I will have pics. and stories from different states.................BOB!

• Like 5

Just found out PA. doesn't open till may first. Not hanging around for that I will be back here by then. Have to hit some southern States or Midwest..............BOB!

19 hours ago, naturebob said:

With most seasons over who all is looking towards Turkey season.  I have turned in to a turkey nut over the years. Going to Florida for the Osceola hunt on the 20th of March. Going to see some friends there, get a little beach time in Daytona then head to hopefully hunt Georgia.  Then off to Virginia to visit a good buddy I grew up with in PA. ,He's got a lot of land and Turkey's but there season doesn't open till later. Then off to Pa. and hang around till they open ,Still have Family and friends there to visit then hunt. Then I can Hunt any where on the way back to AZ.  Have a Son in Illinois who is having his first kid, I will stop and visit. Then might hit Mizz. or Oklahoma on the way back if not burned out. Then back here I have the 2nd hunt in unit 1 ,my favorite place to hunt them.  My Osceola will finish my Royal slam finally. Good luck To all You Bird guys this year. Hopefully I will have pics. and stories from different states.................BOB!

Man, you can almost complete another slam on that trip if you could get a Gould's somehere.  It would be a FL osceola, eastern in about any of the eastern states you mentioned, likely Rio in OK, & a Meriam's in AZ. Maybe take a side trip into Mexico for an expensive Gould's? 

8 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Man, you can almost complete another slam on that trip if you could get a Gould's somehere.  It would be a FL osceola, eastern in about any of the eastern states you mentioned, likely Rio in OK, & a Miriam's in AZ. Maybe take a side trip into Mexico for an expensive Gould's? 

Ya My Rio is from Oklahoma then I can get another Meriams Here, 2 Osceolas ,an Eastern anywhere. But not gonna Spend the big bucks on a Goulds. The one I all Ready have is a an arizone 1 from 4 years ago. I could get the Grand Slamin 1 year though. Never thought of that . Thanks Tony, We will see how tired I am. LOL!.................BOB!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naturebob said:

Ya My Rio is from Oklahoma then I can get another Meriams Here, 2 Osceolas ,an Eastern anywhere. But not gonna Spend the big bucks on a Goulds. The one I all Ready have is a an arizone 1 from 4 years ago. I could get the Grand Slamin 1 year though. Never thought of that . Thanks Tony, We will see how tired I am. LOL!.................BOB!

I got my Rio(s) in Tx, Oscelola in FL., several easterns in different states -- MO, AL, OH & SC , Meriams(s) in AZ & CO and Gould's in Sonora.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, naturebob said:

I thought you told me you had the first hunt? I thought it was gonna be lions den all week 

2nd hunt . Line them Fine Women up my Friend. No fat girls alowed at My party..........................BOB!