Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Cowards Caught on Camera!

Lost one in 29 a couple of months ago. Luckily it was a cheap one but unfortunately it was in one of my honey holes. People have no respect!!!!

I have been building security boxes for my cameras, I know that someone can get into them if they really wanted but being placed so remotely and so heavily secured they would have to shoot it up to destroy them. I have my pack loaded and ready to place 1 cam this weekend and it weighs almost 60lbs, that includes 6lbs of rock salt. It's kind of a pain to get back into the camera spots but I consider it part of my physical training :rolleyes: I am using HEAVY chain and locks on them. All stainless steel and they are painted with olive drab/flat black gun coat.

Sorry about your cam Phil

camerabox2.jpg

camerabox1.jpg

camerabox.jpg

Good looking box Brian, I've thought about putting mine in something like that but honestly I never thought someone would find the cams where they were. Oh well I guess there's no place that is safe....lesson learned and it won't be repeated.

Phil

That yellow one is a new breed. :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you catch them and turn them into the authorities and get them for stolen property. Good luck. SHOOT

It sickens me when someone messes with your stuff in the wild, but ifin' it's LEFT in the public woods - shouldn't we each accept the reality that we are playing the odds that whomever might encounter our stuff on public property is within their "rights" to justify its theft because it has been "abandoned" in a publicly-owned area and therefore available for removal as litter [aka theft]?

I say HIDE AND FORTIFY... and if you know you're in among thieving turds - then booby trap! :ph34r:

That yellow one is a new breed. :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you catch them and turn them into the authorities and get them for stolen property. Good luck. SHOOT

It sickens me when someone messes with your stuff in the wild, but ifin' it's LEFT in the public woods - shouldn't we each accept the reality that we are playing the odds that whomever might encounter our stuff on public property is within their "rights" to justify its theft because it has been "abandoned" in a publicly-owned area and therefore available for removal as litter [aka theft]?

I say HIDE AND FORTIFY... and if you know you're in among thieving turds - then booby trap! :ph34r:

So if my truck is left in the woods while I'm out hunting would it be "within their rights" to take it?

Phil

If it aint yours, then don't mess with it!!!!! It's really that simple.

I'm a contractor and I can't tell you how many thousands of dollars worth of tools I've seen left at job sites (abandoned?) after the work crews have packed up and left for the day. I could have a garage full of cool stuff from nail guns to generators by now. The simple fact is that I don't want someone else's stuff if I haven't paid for it myself. Why do people have a problem living by such a simple code of honor?

To say a camera was abandoned/litter in the forest is nothing more than a cheap rationalization for a scum bag to make him self feel good about stealing it.

If it aint yours, then don't mess with it!!!!! It's really that simple.

I'm a contractor and I can't tell you how many thousands of dollars worth of tools I've seen left at job sites (abandoned?) after the work crews have packed up and left for the day. I could have a garage full of cool stuff from nail guns to generators by now. The simple fact is that I don't want someone else's stuff if I haven't paid for it myself. Why do people have a problem living by such a simple code of honor?

To say a camera was abandoned/litter in the forest is nothing more than a cheap rationalization for a scum bag to make him self feel good about stealing it.

Thanks Tim that's what I was getting at.

Phil

Hey azpackhorse,

Do you, or have you considered selling those boxes? I would love to have one, but I never learned how to weld or machine work metal, nor do I have to tools to try!

post-519-1218231893_thumb.jpg

post-519-1218231835_thumb.jpg

we also make, sell them for $45 each, they are about 15 pounds with cam. call greg 602-717-3321

Hey azpackhorse,

Do you, or have you considered selling those boxes? I would love to have one, but I never learned how to weld or machine work metal, nor do I have to tools to try!

I posted your pics & a link to this thread on www.huntingbrotherhood.com. Here's the link if you care to see.

Glad you got those pics of them at least. I don't think that broad in yellow humped 3 miles in the last year, let alone each way to reach your camera. Obviously someone who has access to that private ground you mentioned. Give 'em heck buddy!

Matt S.

http://www.huntingbrotherhood.com/showthre...27980#post27980

no backpacks, no water, im betting theyre tied in w the LO

So if my truck is left in the woods while I'm out hunting would it be "within their rights" to take it?

Phil

wasnt saying nor suggesting I agree with their actions Phil - far from it.

I have had gear jacked from a spot I figured was "mine"... but it wasnt mine, it was national forest and all I'm saying is dont leave anything that isnt hidden, fortified nor insured. The truck comparison isnt really apples-apples, because it is a-whole 'nuther level of a-hole that would steal a truck... but an a-hole, none-the-less.

sorry you got jacked and hope it doesnt happen to any of the rest of us either... but then again, I'm still hoping my hair will migrate off my back and up north onto my head where it belongs!

WHY USE EXPANDED/PERFORATED METAL? TO CUT DOWN ON PACK-IN WEIGHT?

post-519-1218231893_thumb.jpg

post-519-1218231835_thumb.jpg

we also make, sell them for $45 each, they are about 15 pounds with cam. call greg 602-717-3321

Hey azpackhorse,