Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

Electrician for Interlock Kit?

Looking for a recommendation for an electrician to install a generator interlock kit and generator outlet. Ive been meaning to do it for years (I think I even have an old thread from years ago asking for the same thing). After the storms in TX I figure I need to stop putting it off. 

I live in Queen Creek  

Thanks!

I Used to work for Francis Electric many years ago.  Try giving Chris a call.  He used to live in florence and his company was based out of AJ.  Francis electric 480-612-7749.

I can not speak to his current guys, but he is a good electrician that will get you squared away.  

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, Curtis Reed said:

Looking for a recommendation for an electrician to install a generator interlock kit and generator outlet. Ive been meaning to do it for years (I think I even have an old thread from years ago asking for the same thing). After the storms in TX I figure I need to stop putting it off. 

I live in Queen Creek  

Thanks!

Worried about freezing to death? Or the other extreme?  The year of 96 when I moved back to Phx we had the monster Haboob, dropped power in the Nw valley for several days.   I think it was due to broken poles, not an over taxing of the “grid”....I plugged my fridge and freezer into a genny, had power at work.  The wife and kid hung out at the mall during  the day ,nights sucked .

it can definitely happen here!

• Like 1

Yup. Grab a 7000w generator and an interlock kit and I can run almost my whole house. Turn lights on and off at the switch instead of running extension cords.  I store water too!  You never know. 

• Like 2